A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:19:45 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 157532 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 09:16:36 pm »

Or this....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUyMFPJRnU[/youtube]

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 09:37:28 pm »

Or this....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUyMFPJRnU[/youtube]

That dog has a real discipline problem. 

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 09:41:11 pm »

Had.....lol.....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »

The dog's owner, Kenny Foos, says it all started when his neighbor got upset the dog was barking, and started pounding on the fence.

That doesn't seem to be a particularly effective way to get dog to stop barking.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:30 pm »

That doesn't seem to be a particularly effective way to get dog to stop barking.

Like in the Taser video above, you taunt a dog enough, it will respond.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2010, 10:21:28 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQD-btqhKg[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2010, 10:27:58 am »

Haven't you posted this one on another thread in the past?  This happened some time back, I was thinking.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:55 am »

HYDRO — People are questioning whether police could have found an alternative to killing a man's poodle while he was in jail for breaking the dog out of the pound.

The ruckus started about two weeks ago when 73-year-old Edwin Fry used bolt cutters to free the dog, Buddy Tough, and left on his riding lawn mower with the animal on his lap.

Police arrested Fry at gunpoint a few miles from the city kennel and took the dog, Buddy Tough.

Fry said he couldn't pay the $100 it would take to free his dog legally and didn't want the animal put down.

(With Fry still in jail,) Hydro's police chief told a local newspaper publisher the dog was held for three days, placed in a box and killed with carbon monoxide from the exhaust pipe of a police car.

Read more: http://newsok.com/death-sentence-for-mans-poodle-stirs-debate-in-hydro/article/3509123?custom_click=headlines_widget#ixzz13lfAZQUc

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 11:38:02 am »

HYDRO — People are questioning whether police could have found an alternative to killing a man's poodle while he was in jail for breaking the dog out of the pound.

The ruckus started about two weeks ago when 73-year-old Edwin Fry used bolt cutters to free the dog, Buddy Tough, and left on his riding lawn mower with the animal on his lap.

Police arrested Fry at gunpoint a few miles from the city kennel and took the dog, Buddy Tough.

Fry said he couldn't pay the $100 it would take to free his dog legally and didn't want the animal put down.

(With Fry still in jail,) Hydro's police chief told a local newspaper publisher the dog was held for three days, placed in a box and killed with carbon monoxide from the exhaust pipe of a police car.

Read more: http://newsok.com/death-sentence-for-mans-poodle-stirs-debate-in-hydro/article/3509123?custom_click=headlines_widget#ixzz13lfAZQUc

Proof positive I live in the most backward state in this nation.  Wow...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »

Proof positive I live in the most backward state in this nation.  Wow...

Not as bad as gassing a dog with a tailpipe, but still pretty outrageous.
An officer holding a dog while the other one tases it, then shoots it three times.  That had to be a sight.

http://www2.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_east_cincinnati/blue_ash/Family-Outraged-After-Officer-Shoots-Their-Dog

CINCINNATI -- A Blue Ash family is outraged after returning home to find their dog had been shot and killed by a police officer.

The dog was a Chihuahua-mix named “Jack” that Scott and Sharon Bullock had given to their 12-year-old son for his birthday a few years ago.

When the Bullocks returned home from a family member's funeral on Friday, they found blood and three bullets on their front porch – along with a note to call the Blue Ash Police Department about their dog.

The Bullocks were shocked to learn that Jack had gotten out of the backyard and two officers who tried to catch him, ended up shooting and killing him right on the family's front porch.

"He was cornered on the porch and scared," said Sharon Bullock. "The officer bent down bare-handed to pick up Jack, and Jack bit him."

They're wondering why the officers didn't call the SPCA to catch the dog.

"They didn't make that phone call other than to come scoop the dog off the porch after they shot him," said Scott Bullock. "Two grown men that can't gather up a five-pound dog – and they're trained police officers – sounds ridiculous to me."

An officer attempted to tase the dog while another officer was holding him, but it did not work, so they had to shoot the animal.

Blue Ash police say the officers handled the situation according to department policy.

The department later ticketed the family for failing to register the dog.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:24:46 pm by patric » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 12:26:25 pm »

Blue Ash police say the officers handled the situation according to department policy.

Honestly? Maybe if this were a pit bull, but a chihuahua?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:22 pm »

Honestly? Maybe if this were a pit bull, but a chihuahua?

I see you buy into the theory that all dogs of a particular breed are vicious.  How do you feel about other races of people?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 03:34:12 pm »

I see you buy into the theory that all dogs of a particular breed are vicious.  How do you feel about other races of people?

* Hijack.jpg (11.75 KB - downloaded 485 times.)

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »

Funny, I saw that comment as if they were dealing with an aggressive dog it would be understandable for them to use this kind of force on a formidable one like a pitt bull, not one that would be lucky to break skin when it bit.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »

Funny, I saw that comment as if they were dealing with an aggressive dog it would be understandable for them to use this kind of force on a formidable one like a pitt bull, not one that would be lucky to break skin when it bit.

I saw it as a stereotypical assumption that a breed of dog is always vicious and totally uncalled for.  If ZYX had said something along the line of a large threatening dog, I would have let it pass.  I still would have probably given the dog the benefit of doubt regarding being surrounded by threatening strangers on his/her property. 

Certainly a large dog can inflict more damage than a small one.  Any animal when cornered will try to defend itself. Dogs will also try to defend their property.  There have been several instances where the police were a bit to quick on the draw to eliminate a "threatening" pet. 

Our family has had German Shepherd dogs for 50 years. My mother has been active in dog Obedience Training for showing in AKC (and more recently UKC) Obedience trials a few years more than that.  In the 60s, German Shepherds and Dobermans had a really bad, mostly undeserved as a breed, reputation.  Within a breed, any particular blood-line (family) can have undesirable traits.  Individual dogs can be made to be vicious by training.  That is not reason to condemn the entire breed. It's actually more of a reason to condemn the dog's owner.  I remember a picture at "dog school" in the 60s of the young (4?) daughter of one of the trainers biting the leg of a Doberman.  The caption was: "Really now, which one is vicious".

I really do see prejudice against a breed of dog as similar to racial prejudice among humans.  There was no attempt to hijack the thread with my comment.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org