A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:41:57 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 157007 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 01:17:23 pm »

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.  Just get rid of all of the ammo and we will be good. Cheesy

Bayonets can kill and pistol-whipping too.  Melt 'em down.  NOW!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:39 pm »

Bayonets can kill and pistol-whipping too.  Melt 'em down.  NOW!
If you don't have a pistol to pisto-whip people, then you will be forced to use your cell phone.  Then everyone would complain to apple that their Iphones aren't made tough enough to beludgeon someone without sustaining considerable damage.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:26 pm »

If you don't have a pistol to pisto-whip people, then you will be forced to use your cell phone.  Then everyone would complain to apple that their Iphones aren't made tough enough to beludgeon someone without sustaining considerable damage.

I wonder how the reception is on the iPhone 4 when they are being used for iPhone-whipping?  You suppose Apple tested them for that?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »

I wonder how the reception is on the iPhone 4 when they are being used for iPhone-whipping?  You suppose Apple tested them for that?
It's being called the "Iphone Death Grip" for a reason
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:03 pm »

Catoosa PD shoots between the eyes:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Catoosa-PD-Shoots-Kills-Dog/1xJEd-0tSUqsadQCRkJBRg.cspx

My mailman just carries pepper spray...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:07:53 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 10:14:37 pm »

Catoosa PD shoots between the eyes:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Catoosa-PD-Shoots-Kills-Dog/1xJEd-0tSUqsadQCRkJBRg.cspx

My mailman just carries pepper spray...

"mechanically euthenized (sic)"?

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Just have the cajones to say it.  I killed the dog.  Wow.

That, and the fact that it was a boxer, and not a pit bull.  While they appear similar, their dispositions are a lot tamer.  This policeman needlessly killed this dog.  That's what mace/pepper spray are for.

Catoosa Police says they are trained to shoot an aggressive animal once in the head if they are threatened
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:20:58 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:06 am »

After winding up in a couple of scary sprints with dogs on my bike, one of my cycling buddies told me to shout "NO!" and/or "STOP!" at an attacking dog.  The couple or three times I've tried it, it's worked so far.  Beats the hell out of trying to find a place to safely put a pistol or pepper spray on a bike.

I'm wondering if the cop thought to try that before he "mechanically euthanized" the dog?

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 09:11:48 am »

After winding up in a couple of scary sprints with dogs on my bike, one of my cycling buddies told me to shout "NO!" and/or "STOP!" at an attacking dog.  The couple or three times I've tried it, it's worked so far.  Beats the hell out of trying to find a place to safely put a pistol or pepper spray on a bike.
I'm wondering if the cop thought to try that before he "mechanically euthanized" the dog?

The police officer, Keith Prince, arrived before animal control officers. He said he shot the dog between the eyes in the street because the animal growled and lunged toward him.

Neighbors of Williams say the officer exited his vehicle with his gun unholstered and shot the dog in Williams’ yard unprovoked, Williams said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100802_11_0_CATOOS625724

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 10:27:00 am »

The Satellite Dish installers said the dog was chasing them around. Didnt say a thing about it trying to bite them.
Tough guy with a gun, gets out of his car and doesnt even try to find out if the dog is mean or not. He has a reason(in his mind)to shoot something other than a target at a range, So he takes aim and shoots this persons pet.
What a loser. I think he probably had a taser strapped to that arsenal belt of his or maybe a can of mace.
Nope. Great time to discharge my firearm. Heck who knows. There might be a Catoosa medal of honor involved.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Cherish
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:44 am »

This makes me sick.  I think cops are taking vengence out for old Buttercup (their horse) since Buttercup was dog food back in the day.

Buttercup....Butternuts!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKFVUiJarco[/youtube]
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 09:50:21 am »

Never heard what became of this one:

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/10-Year-Olds-Dog-Shot-By-Police/CdNbaXOsLk-0Z0hezx6tpA.cspx

Again, the witnesses statements differ from the cop that did the shooting.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 10:31:47 am »

Officer Shoots Dog In Jenks
How to avoid a vicious dog, or a dog protecting its territory.  A Jenks officer says he was forced to shoot a family pet after the dog charged at him.  It happened early Sunday, leaving the dog wounded.

The dog's owner, Kenny Foos, says it all started when his neighbor got upset the dog was barking, and started pounding on the fence.

"The neighbor comes home who lives behind me and starts kicking the fence cause the dog's outside. The next thing I know, he's yelling at me, we're yelling back and forth," says Foos.

"Our officers went to the fence and told the man he had to put his dog up before they would go into the backyard. The officers recognized it as a pitbull or a pitbull mix so he put the dog up," says Jenks Police Chief Don Selle.

According to the police report, the dog, named Biffle, began running toward the irate neighbor and the officers.

"The dog according to one of our officers went after the officer and the other officer yelled at the dog, the dog made a turn and went after him. He pulled his weapon and fired at the dog hitting the dog in the leg," says Selle.

Biffle was taken to a local vet, but Foos says he could not afford the $500 bill and is treating Biffle at home.

The Jenks Police Department says it has had two officers bitten by dogs in the past year.  They say mace typically doesn't work and although there's no specific policy, they've used guns to protect themselves if they feel threatened by an animal.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Officer-Shoots-Dog-In-Jenks/Bn4aIdsDd0KJiW0V3dIfEg.cspx

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:23 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mvIWFXbHNo[/youtube]

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 12:53:46 am »

Keep those pets on a leash.....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 02:38:25 pm »

Keep those pets on a leash.....
But then this could happen:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LrFEbxWzXI&feature=related[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org