A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:57:07 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Of Dog  (Read 157002 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 02:06:24 pm »

Be warned this is hard to watch.

This Missouri "narcotics raid" netted a man with a trace of pot resin in a pipe.
Police shot the family's corgi (who survived) immediately as the door opened, then advanced to the kitchen where they killed the second dog locked in a pet crate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc[/youtube]

The police chief declared the shootings "justified" but later said "We realize we did some things wrong, We've fixed those things. The public can be assured that a similar incident will not happen again."
Beside finding no drugs, the chief said their intelligence also failed to indicate the man's wife and 7-year old child would be home during the pre-dawn raid.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:07:00 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 08:41:52 am »

Good thing it wasn't one of the kids locked in the pet crate...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:52 am »

Pfft.. This is childs play.  You didn't hear about the mayor of a small town they broke down their door and killed their pets?  Drug dealers will send drugs to your house and then pick up the UPS package before you can get to it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/07/mayor.warrant/

So no, you aren't safe just because you obey the law.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 10:34:43 am »

Good thing it wasn't one of the kids locked in the pet crate...

You dont need to cage a 7-year old to shoot them, just kick in the door and fire away.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_pIuAhdzGl-lCCGzVbN5VxEYHrwD9FOSOGO3

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 01:15:01 pm »

You dont need to cage a 7-year old to shoot them, just kick in the door and fire away.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g_pIuAhdzGl-lCCGzVbN5VxEYHrwD9FOSOGO3

Makes you wonder if the TV cameras were a factor in the poor judgement used by the cops in this case. It's one thing acting out scripted adrenaline-laced heroics, quite another when those aren't blanks in the gun and real lives are at stake.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:52 pm »

Makes you wonder if the TV cameras were a factor in the poor judgement used by the cops in this case. It's one thing acting out scripted adrenaline-laced heroics, quite another when those aren't blanks in the gun and real lives are at stake.

Some say TV crews on raids increase accountability, while others say it causes showboating.

All joking aside, maybe more scrutiny should be given to police who snuff dogs they encounter.

Officer Joseph Weekley (who shot the 7-year-old Detroit girl in the head) is also currently named along with other SWAT members in a federal lawsuit, filed in 2009, claiming they shot two dogs and pointed guns at children during a raid in 2007.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/23608633/detail.html

Three years before a 7-year-old girl was shot during a Detroit police special response team raid, officers from the same unit opened fire during a raid on a home that also contained children, according to lawsuits.
On Feb. 8, 2007, special response team officers raided a home on the city's near-west side with a search warrant seeking evidence against a man arrested in an armed robbery. According to suits filed last year in Wayne County Circuit and U.S. District courts, police shot two dogs "without any justifiable reason whatsoever" in a room near a child.

http://www.freep.com/article/20100519/NEWS01/5190360/1318/Teen-slaying-led-to-police-shooting-/Special-police-team-sued-in-07-dog-shooting-incident

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 11:29:20 am »

Well since it was a pit bull they should have been shot at birth so the officer should be given a medal for trying to do what the owners should have done or the vet.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:43 pm »

Well since it was a pit bull they should have been shot at birth so the officer should be given a medal for trying to do what the owners should have done or the vet.

Wow, that's BS.  Pit Bulls are agressive because their owners make them that way.  Sure, they're a type of dog with a predisposition to that, but if trained properly, these dogs are just as placid and peaceful as you'll ever find.  They are also very loyal and fun to play with.  To say they should be shot at birth is ignorant.

Makes me wanna say something like 'go DIAF' but I'll refrain from that.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 12:07:15 pm »

Someone's flying their "I'm a hemorrhoid" flag today.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 12:12:02 pm »

Great logic!!! They need to snuff out roosters too, they are mean little bastards.  I think perhaps they could go after the entire geese population as well.  Ever been pecked all to hell if you get too close to their nest?

/snark

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 12:17:07 pm »

Great logic!!! They need to snuff out roosters too, they are mean little bastards.  I think perhaps they could go after the entire geese population as well.  Ever been pecked all to hell if you get too close to their nest?

/snark

Good thing I was on vacation today; would've owned the company a keyboard...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 12:42:02 pm »

I have to agree with Hoss (oh geez) that breeds of dogs are not vicious.  Individual dogs or maybe even a breeding line (just like human families) can be prone to bad behavior but not an entire breed.  

Edit: need a spell check here at work.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:44:24 pm by Red Arrow » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »

Oh, and melt down all the guns too because they spontaneously attack people all the time without input from their owner.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »

I'll agree and dissagree with Hoss.  How the dogs are raised make a big differance in how they behave.  That being said, all dog breeds have a varying tendancy to be agressive regardless of training, with some breeds being at a higher risk than others to turn or be excessivly aggressive.  Doesn't justify shooting the breed at birth, however, since even the most risky breeds have a low percentage of dogs that turn when properly trained.  I consider this factor, and their ability to do harm if they turn, when factoring in if they are to be a family pet (with kids in the house).   I won't have a pit, among several others, because of the high risk combined with the fact that they can do a lot of damage if they do turn.  It might be differant if I did not have kids, but that is always a factor.  Other dog breeds I put on this list are rots, chows and dalmations.  I also put Great Danes on the list even though they are one of the most loyal breeds out there because, to be honest, they scare the hell out of me with their potential.  Chihuahua's are not on the list despite their aggresive tendancies because they really can't hurt anything bigger than a newborn (and anyone that would leave a newborn with any animal is an idiot).  It just gets to me when people buy into this media stereotyping of dog breeds like that, and make asanine comments like shooting them at birth.  
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 01:09:42 pm »

Oh, and melt down all the guns too because they spontaneously attack people all the time without input from their owner.
Guns don't kill people, bullets do.  Just get rid of all of the ammo and we will be good. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org