A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:21:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man hacks Times Square billboards with iPhone?  (Read 4069 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: March 14, 2011, 01:50:13 pm »

If this is real...

Here you go Patric:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-20042990-10391705.html

(CBS) - First off I'm going to state that I do not know if this is in fact real or fake. My gut is telling me it has to be fake... but if it's real, I'm so going to buy one! In this video, a man uses his iPhone and a radio (RF) transmitter and receiver to "hack" video billboards in Times Square.

Starting off small, he exhibits how the device works on various small video billboards on the ground and ultimately leads to a big finale. I'm not going to spoil the ending, but will say it involves a balloon and the giant CNN billboard in the middle of Times Square!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:51:04 pm »

Hasn't everyone downloaded the video billboard manipulator app yet?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TeeDub
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:04:12 pm »

My only problem is that I have no idea where the billboard is that I am manipulating.
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »

There's a guy from Holland that's been doing that for a while.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcmmFQGxMNU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:20:15 pm »

I see your bet, and raise you one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366306/Hoax-mad-scientist-hijacking-Times-Squares-video-screens-iPhone-viral-smash-hit.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:10:11 am »

I don't believe it.  The "man" is just telling us it's BS so we don't bring all world digital advertising to a screeching hault.

I choose to believe the random evil genius with a large red balloon.
Gonesouth1234
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:33 am »

Any follower of alien invasions knows that the entire alien force can be defeated by any geek with a laptop giving their advanced technological system a virus, or the entire species can be stopped by a mad woman with martial arts training and a blaster and samurai sword.
   So this should be child's play with an i-phone an i-pad, or even an i-pod with bluetooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org