A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:55:36 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cherry Street  (Read 3734 times)
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« on: April 15, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »

I know the original will remain posted, but the issue I had has been addressed with a positive resolution.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:28:26 pm by tulsascoot » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:41:42 pm »

I went there today for my wife's birthday with her parents, our toddler and his toddler cousin. First, we did not realize how limited the menu was, and when we asked the manager if they could make a pasta with a cream sauce or pesto, the answer was no. No. No. I've worked in restaurants and managed a couple. If someone asks for a special request, and I value their patronage, the answer is yes, unless it's not physically possible.

When asking what juice we could have for the kids, we were offered water. Water?! They have a full bar, so I know there is juice there for cocktails. They produced cranberry juice when I persisted.

Toward the end, my wife was talking to the manager about the waitress not knowing what juices to offer, and she walked away while she was still talking. That is just plain rude and unacceptable.

The waitress informed us that when she was hired, that lady (manager) specifically said they do not cater to children and are not a family restaurant. Little does she know that my parents go there every Friday, and have plenty of other options. I am sure they will not be back, nor will any of my friends if I can help it.

There were more issues, but I don't feel like elaborating. Just don't go there. If you have kids, they don't want your money, and that is ridiculous. That's poor business in my opinion.

And their lunch menu sucks anyway. I wish we'd gone to Mary's.

Wow!  We've been there with the kids dozens of times.  Never had a problem.  A little cramped and dark, but my 4yo and 2yo have always been catered too quite well.  Sounds like you got a bad waitress and manager.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:51:29 pm »

I'm split on this one.

No patron should ever be treated unfairly.

On the other hand, I leave as quickly as possible when someone brings children.  That's me.

Edited to add, I'm a huge fan of their ceasar and pizzas but not of the service I received the last time I was there.  I've been going elsewhere lately due to that and the enormous amount of choices around town.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:53:58 pm by Townsend » Logged
mobboss
Activist

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »

It's true, Tuccis is not very 'kid friendly' but the server should have known to offer something as simple as cranberry juice or OJ, which are both stocked at the bar. sounds like a new staffer to me.

your request coming at lunchtime would be a problem , when only 1 choice of pasta is offered on the daily special and the PM line cooks arent there to make the dinner menu items 'to order'. The dinner menu has both cream sauces and pesto sauces as offerings for adults, but the childrens menu is pretty much spaghetti and meatballs with red sauce.

the lady who walked away is jennie, the daytime manager, not known for her tact or diplomacy...i dont get it either, and this is my families restaurant.

sorry you had a bad visit to the place, if i had a hand in the operations of the place id really make it up to you. ill point out your post to them and hope they get you taken care of.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org