A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:26:04 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Night  (Read 11203 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: April 13, 2010, 10:29:44 am »

I thought I was hallucinating when I heard this on KRMG this morning.

Apparently not.  There will be an open mic session at the Tea Party rally on Thursday.  This will provide some great opportunties to harpoon the movement.  Roll Eyes  Eh, just remember, these are frustrated 'mercans.

"Tax Day Tea Party
Starts at 6:00 pm Singer Stacey Finnerty, William Montague of the Black Republican Assoc., FairTax Assoc., and YOU. That is right YOU! No Politicians. Just you and your voice about how YOU have been Taxed Enough Already. We will have a stage & open mic that each person can use for 1 m...inute. What’s your BEEF? If you could speak directly to Washington, D.C. what would you say? Just keep it clean! All Ages Welcome! From the folks who brought you The National Tea Party Express Bus Tour!

Find more information on our website.
http://www.okfortea.com"

fotd should head down there with his bootleg recording equipment.  That would keep him busy for daze editing and uploading videos to Youtube.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:42:03 am »

Holy balls, that's going to be a mess.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:48:23 am »

Conan, you would blow my cover.

* conanandguido.jpg (50.7 KB - downloaded 417 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:50:15 am »

Holy balls, that's going to be a mess.

You goin'?  Might be fun to bootleg some Marshall's, stand back, take some pics of the inevitable whack-a-doodles, and get some sound bites.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:26 am »

Wouldn't be caught anywhere near those revolutionaries. fotd is a true patriot.

Let me know how it goes.
JeffM
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:59 am »

Will there be karaoke?  poetry slam?  punch and pie?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:31:01 am by JeffM » Logged

Bring back the Tulsa Roughnecks!.... JeffM is now TulsaRufnex....  http://www.tulsaroughnecks.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:57:34 am »

Conan, you would blow my cover.

You don't ever have to worry about me blowing you...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 12:19:20 pm »

You don't ever have to worry about me blowing you...

That made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

You goin'?  Might be fun to bootleg some Marshall's, stand back, take some pics of the inevitable whack-a-doodles, and get some sound bites.

I can't even watch television that makes me cringe.

I'd have to be so loaded on Marshall's that they might start to make sense...I have to pass.

Woo, imagine the conversations struck up in this crowd.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 12:45:14 pm »

I can't even watch television that makes me cringe.

I'd have to be so loaded on Marshall's that they might start to make sense...I have to pass.

Woo, imagine the conversations struck up in this crowd.

"Hey Dennis?"
"Yeah Steve?"
"Nice fanny pack, where'd you get it?"
"My wife got it for me at Kohls."  "I keep my bible and pocket US constitution in it."
"Who's talking now?"
"I can't hear em, the gal next to me has Elton turned up really loud on her Walkman."
"Rocket man?"
"Yeah I think so."
"I love that song."
"Mam. . .Can my friend and I share an ear-bud with you?"
"What's an ear-bud?"
"You're little headphone thingy."
"Oh. . .Sure. . . I'm listening to Elton."
"We know. . .we love rocket man."
"Me too. . .I don't even care that he's a fairy."
"(Giggle, giggle, giggle)."

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:54:42 pm »

Reynold's is sponsoring the open mic and providing all the tin foil.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 01:07:39 pm »

"Hey Dennis?"
"Yeah Steve?"
"Nice fanny pack, where'd you get it?"
"My wife got it for me at Kohls."  "I keep my bible and pocket US constitution in it."
"Who's talking now?"
"I can't hear em, the gal next to me has Elton turned up really loud on her Walkman."
"Rocket man?"
"Yeah I think so."
"I love that song."
"Mam. . .Can my friend and I share an ear-bud with you?"
"What's an ear-bud?"
"You're little headphone thingy."
"Oh. . .Sure. . . I'm listening to Elton."
"We know. . .we love rocket man."
"Me too. . .I don't even care that he's a fairy."
"(Giggle, giggle, giggle)."

Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what they will be talking about

(to paraphrase)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what they will be talking about

(to paraphrase)

You think?  I know a bunch of "soccer moms" and their kids who are going (they called and tried to get my wife to donate some kids play equipment).  I also know a large group of doctors, and a couple of former city counselors who are attending.  I'm really not seeing the "radical" element, but I guess it depends on what your definition of radical is. 

Amateur night is right.  These people have never protested anything.  Should be a hoot to watch. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 02:02:15 pm »

You think?  I know a bunch of "soccer moms" and their kids who are going (they called and tried to get my wife to donate some kids play equipment).  I also know a large group of doctors, and a couple of former city counselors who are attending.  I'm really not seeing the "radical" element, but I guess it depends on what your definition of radical is. 

Amateur night is right.  These people have never protested anything.  Should be a hoot to watch. 

I went to a press conference with 4 persons running for Mayor of Tulsa once.

It was open mic night for them as well.

I'm not saying that every person going to the tax thing is bonkers but they're not even running for Mayor.

You will see some doo-whacka-doos climb their merry selves onto the podium and your normal folk will slink slowly away from this funny farm.

By the way, the mayor's thing...50% came off crazy.  The other two were the soon to be defeated and the future Mayors of Tulsa.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

This isn't a parlor game; it's a nascent stage of sedition: the open and violent challenge to a legitimate government. Remember Timothy McVeigh?  There are tens of thousands of white "Christian" males out there now, potential and actual domestic terrorists in our midst.

This forum is being hijacked by a new wave of the "truthers" that swamped this place a couple years ago and it's driving out some of the more thoughtful posters.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org