A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodward Park Ponds Question  (Read 3377 times)
godboko71
Philanthropist

« on: April 01, 2010, 07:48:09 pm »

Hello,

So I can't find any information on the ponds at Woodward Park. Are they currently being worked on? The Pond closest to Peoria looks almost stagnate, the plants that normally grow in and near the pond are not growing. The one closes to 21st looks okay but it smells heavily of chimerical.

Maybe nothing is going on and or they aren't being worked on. I am just curious because it seems they are normally in better shape.

Thank you,
Robert Town
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:21:24 pm »

Hello,

So I can't find any information on the ponds at Woodward Park. Are they currently being worked on? The Pond closest to Peoria looks almost stagnate, the plants that normally grow in and near the pond are not growing. The one closes to 21st looks okay but it smells heavily of chimerical.

Maybe nothing is going on and or they aren't being worked on. I am just curious because it seems they are normally in better shape.

chi·mer·i·cal (k-mr-kl, -mīr-, k-) also chi·mer·ic (-mrk, -mīr-)
adj.
1. Created by or as if by a wildly fanciful imagination; highly improbable.
2. Given to unrealistic fantasies; fanciful.
3. often chimeric Of, related to, or being a chimera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chi·meri·cal·ly adv.

chimerical [kaɪˈmɛrɪkəl kɪ-], chimeric
adj
1. wildly fanciful; imaginary
2. given to or indulging in fantasies
chimerically  adv
chimericalness  n

Adj. 1. chimerical - being or relating to or like a chimera; "his Utopia is not a chimeric commonwealth but a practical improvement on what already exists"- Douglas Bush
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:23:14 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:31:52 pm »

*laughs* Thank you I needed that Smiley

Thank you,
Robert Town
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 08:52:00 pm »

Last year they were transfering most of what remained of the horticulture department out of Woodward.  I would assume that this, combined with the more recent budget cuts, would account to the lack of care being done to this.  I woulldn't mind workign with a group of volunteers to get this cleaned up, if there was such a group
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:08:39 pm »

Last year they were transfering most of what remained of the horticulture department out of Woodward.  I would assume that this, combined with the more recent budget cuts, would account to the lack of care being done to this.  I woulldn't mind workign with a group of volunteers to get this cleaned up, if there was such a group

+1!

I will make some calls Tuesday, see if there is a group. Maybe the Horticulture classes at TCC and Blue Thumb group might be interested in helping.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »

Other than our downtown skyline, I'm thinking Woodward Park is one of the more photographed places in Tulsa, if not the most. I can't even begin to recall how many family portraits and wedding/bridal pics I've seen from there. Seems like everyone has at least one photo from the faux wood concrete bridge(s). How many others here have family pics from there?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:21:41 pm »

Other than our downtown skyline, I'm thinking Woodward Park is one of the more photographed places in Tulsa, if not the most. I can't even begin to recall how many family portraits and wedding/bridal pics I've seen from there. Seems like everyone has at least one photo from the faux wood concrete bridge(s). How many others here have family pics from there?

The Fiancé and I could be included in that group. Also my senior class pictures were taken with the great spirit in the middle of our group (Yes you can guess where I graduated.)

Thank you,
Robert Town
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 11:38:51 pm »

My first and only marriage was in the Rose Garden; we then had our post ceremony photos taken at the building next door to the south, which I think is the Tulsa Historical Society.

Getting married in the garden was the groom's idea.   Grin

Didn't realize all the permits and stuff you needed to secure it for just two hours!  And this was back in 1990.  Imagine what it's like today.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org