A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:55:11 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What this city was built on.  (Read 14753 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 02:39:04 pm »

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

I thought this was the new Toyota tagline
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »

Early seventies.  I was there, too.
Also got to see Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper, Uriah Heep and more.
ZZ Top used to come up from south Texas very early and played in the Cain's, if memory serves.  They weren't big name then, just a really good "garage type band".  Only really good.
Alice did the guillotine thing.
And Johnny Winter - loudest concert in the world.
And Tina Turner at a little place down on 61st (?) around Sheridan that didn't last long.

If I can remember through the drug-crazed haze, I seem to remember Ozzy trying to come to town and was banned - as is done by book banning and burning groups.  Flashback to that Kevin Bacon "can't dance in our town" movie...

And Jimi Hendrix.  Best concert.

All in the Civic Center- before the city let it decay to justify the Crashship.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 07:42:23 pm »

Anyone else heard that Edgar Winter lives near Turley?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 08:08:42 pm »

Johnny's brother lives at Turley?  Strange.  Hard to imagine, but stranger things have happened.  Like Sandra Bullock and Jesse James.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »

Johnny Winter was the second show ever played at the Performing Arts Center.

My tickets were second row center.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 08:42:41 am »

Speaking of Craig Chaquico, I've seen him twice in the last few years hear in Phoenix, one time on his doing his solo tour openning for Russ Freeman and the Rippington's, and another tour that was Craig and Russ touirng for an alblum they did together. The highlight was the two of them doing "Find Your Way Back" acoustically with Craig plaing a 12 string and Russ playing a 6 string. Tried to find it on youtube and this was all I could find that was decent sound quality, apparently it was used on The Weather Channel......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-LQFxZ8QU&feature=PlayList&p=884F346CDB73A8F1&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=16[/youtube]

http://www.craigchaquico.com/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:48:50 am by dbacks fan » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 10:18:27 am »

I think I missed PAC concert.  Earlier one was at Civic Center.
Good s***, Maynard!

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:56 am »

Here's the real deal....CC was a fill in despite a very good guitarist.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9F5bqsuJ0&feature=related[/youtube]

This features the great  J. Gracias and David Crosby from Blows Against the Empire (timely name for those of you Teahadists)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 11:04:37 am »

Johnny's brother lives at Turley?  Strange.  Hard to imagine, but stranger things have happened.  Like Sandra Bullock and Jesse James.

As far as I can find, Johnny lives in Connecticut and Edgar in California, but had heard Edgar own some auto salvage business north of town (some specialty place like BikerFox)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org