A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:25:52 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thai Village Cuisine  (Read 13595 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 07:20:40 pm »

That's an understatement. I am not even boasting, but I used teaspoon of this sauce on the red curry to get to the heat level I wanted.

http://www.extremefood.com/shop/product.php?productid=18&cat=7&page=1

One of the guys where I work has a "tolerance".  Last summer I watched him eat one of my homegrown Habanero peppers like it was a radish. He never flinched and never even broke a sweat.  Wow!  My tolerance to munch on a pepper is the serrano, tabasco, cayenne level, but only a few.  A Habo chopped into little pieces mixed in a small salad is also OK.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 11:38:03 am »

I agree about Asian hot. I ate at the little Asian Restaurant at 21st and Garnett. N.W. corner. The little old Lady brought out my food and after I tasted it. I called her back and asked if they had anything that would spice it up hotter. She said yes but she was not sure if I would like it because in her broken English it was very,very,"HOT" To her I responded...Push,Push,Tish,Tish. Bring it on !!!!
She took my plate back behind the door(TO HELL) and brought it back out to me.
It didnt look to bad and she scampered back to the kitchen.
Three bites and my taste buds was gone. I know my face looked like a stop light.
I had a beer there which was of no help. The glass of ice water just intensified the torture. And like a true putz, I asked for a doggie bag in hopes that I could somehow calm it down with something at the house.
Needless to say. The meal was ruined and so was my pride.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:45 pm »

One of the guys where I work has a "tolerance".  Last summer I watched him eat one of my homegrown Habanero peppers like it was a radish. He never flinched and never even broke a sweat.  Wow!  My tolerance to munch on a pepper is the serrano, tabasco, cayenne level, but only a few.  A Habo chopped into little pieces mixed in a small salad is also OK.

I recently ordered the "Shut Up Juice" from "The Mean Pig" in Arkansas. Man vs. Food's Richman won the challenge. I will report back my encounter, assuming I survive.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 09:51:41 am »

One of the guys where I work has a "tolerance".  Last summer I watched him eat one of my homegrown Habanero peppers like it was a radish. He never flinched and never even broke a sweat.  Wow!  My tolerance to munch on a pepper is the serrano, tabasco, cayenne level, but only a few.  A Habo chopped into little pieces mixed in a small salad is also OK.

Slip him a Ghost Pepper......

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:51 am »

Slip him a Ghost Pepper......

Nah, he's a nice enough guy that I don't want to kill him.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org