A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:52 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for waterboy  (Read 2587 times)
dbacks fan
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:48:22 pm »

This doesn't happen very often here. This is the Tempe Town Lake on the Salt River, and because of the rain and snow here in Arizona these are the current conditions in Tempe on the man made lake on the Salt River. Mind you, this does not include the snow melt yet to come from the 5th snowiest winter on record. At this point the lakes along the Salt River, and SRP Lakes are at 98% capacity and this is a month to 6 weeks before we get the snow melt.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/bcplayer/72956814001&pop=1

Enjoy   Cool

rwarn17588
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:10:34 am »

I've got some friends in Flagstaff, and that town has received more than 130 inches of snow this year, and the normal is about 80. And there's more snow in the higher elevations north of town.

Once all that snow starts to melt, it's going to be a very interesting spring and early summer across much of the West.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:34:07 am »

Thanks, D. That looks like fun. The Arkansas looks like that when its flowing about 10-15,000cfs across the rocky ledge below Newblock park and of course the infamous "wave" below the PSO plant. Its about time to start conducting tours and rentals from Keystone if anyone is interested. My son just returned from a ski trip in Taos where they received a record snow fall. Good for him but could be national news in a few weeks.

BTW, I seem to remember there are electric ferries and pleasure boats on that lake complete with recharging stations. How are they doing?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:12:27 am »

Thanks, D. That looks like fun. The Arkansas looks like that when its flowing about 10-15,000cfs across the rocky ledge below Newblock park and of course the infamous "wave" below the PSO plant. Its about time to start conducting tours and rentals from Keystone if anyone is interested. My son just returned from a ski trip in Taos where they received a record snow fall. Good for him but could be national news in a few weeks.

BTW, I seem to remember there are electric ferries and pleasure boats on that lake complete with recharging stations. How are they doing?

The Rio Salado Rowing Club is also HQ'd on this lake.  No particular reason why I would know that  Cool  I'd enjoy hopping in one of your yaks this spring and going down stream with you finally.  Just let me know when would be a good time.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:48:47 am »

I haven't been following how much snow the Rockies have received this winter.  That has a big impact on how full the river is in Tulsa during spring and early summer. 

waterboy
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:34:38 am »

The Rio Salado Rowing Club is also HQ'd on this lake.  No particular reason why I would know that  Cool  I'd enjoy hopping in one of your yaks this spring and going down stream with you finally.  Just let me know when would be a good time.

Yes, Rio Salado. Looked nice. Some company there pioneered an entire fleet of electric boats with their own fast charge stations that they planned to market to the public.

I intend to do some early floats during April if the water isn't too high. The water is a bit muddier because of spring rains and such. I have a pretty decent hard shell sit inside kayak that would fit you well and a recent canoe acquisition that I need to test out. I can accomodate myself and 5 others if anyone would like to make it a group thing. I'll PM you later.
dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:06:43 am »

Yes, Rio Salado. Looked nice. Some company there pioneered an entire fleet of electric boats with their own fast charge stations that they planned to market to the public.

They seem to be doing well, I'm not sure if it's private or run by Tempe, but then again if it was run by Tempe it my be on the block for budget cuts. I don't know if they are operating right now with the flow of water down the river.

SXSW brought up a point about the snows we have had this year in the Rockies and it has been impressive to say the least, it is currently snowing in the White Mountain region of the state and most of the rim country has received anywhere from 7' to over 11' feet in the Flagstaff area. While this is good news for the short term, it's the underground aquifers that need replenishing. I think if we have two or three more years like this it will help immensely.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org