A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:59:25 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need suggestions for a nice restaurant to take vegetarians friends to for dinner  (Read 9045 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« on: March 07, 2010, 05:50:36 pm »

We have friends that are vegetarian (not vegan) that we'd like to treat to a nice dinner. We've gone to Ciao with them before and that was great but I'm trying to think of someplace else that would have a selection of veg dishes. Wild Fork comes to mind. Any other suggestions? In addition to veg selections, there must be wine and beer available.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »

We have friends that are vegetarian (not vegan) that we'd like to treat to a nice dinner. We've gone to Ciao with them before and that was great but I'm trying to think of someplace else that would have a selection of veg dishes. Wild Fork comes to mind. Any other suggestions? In addition to veg selections, there must be wine and beer available.

The Palace Cafe

http://palacetulsa.com/menus

I have read the chef has gone vegetarian and I'm sure if you ask he will whip up a nice vegetarian meal.   Plus the menu offered a nice looking "Vegetable Tagliatelle Pasta ٠ Extra wide handmade noodles ٠ Asparagus, wild mushroom, arugula, tomato & artichoke"

It's a nice place to take an out of town vistor.

Trust but verify
enits
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 07:32:02 pm »

Another recommendation for Palace Cafe. 

I heard or perhaps read somewhere that if you call them ahead of time, they may be able to "custom make" something for you. 
enits
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 07:37:39 pm »

There's also KEO on Brookside. 

http://www.keorestaurant.com/dinnermenu.htm

They have entrees that can be prepared with your choice of beef, chicken, or tofu.  You can also check out their wine/beer menu online. 

Have fun!!! 
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:13:38 pm »

Logans... oh sorry, couldn't resist.  My thirteen year old daughter has started on this vegitarian kick, so I am pushing the meatatarian venue >Smiley
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:09:19 pm »

Indian Palace has a great selection of vegetarian.  Elotes downtown has several vegetarian options.  Also, I don't recall exactly what they had that was vegetarian, but I have vegetarian friends that eat frequently at the Local Table.

Patrick
Activist

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 08:33:11 am »

Indian Palace has a great selection of vegetarian.

I second India Palace.  My vegetarian brother enjoys this lovely restaurant on a regular basis when he is in town.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 10:09:42 am »

Sushi restaurants also tend to have multiple vegetarian items as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 10:53:27 am »

Saw this when on Google: http://www.tulsafoodblog.com/asian/be-le-vegetarian-restaurant-tulsa-vegetarian
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:08 pm »

I enjoy Be Le every couple weeks.  It is always a good experience..

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 04:18:53 pm »

Logans... oh sorry, couldn't resist.  My thirteen year old daughter has started on this vegitarian kick, so I am pushing the meatatarian venue >Smiley

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:31 pm »

Ri Le at 91st & Yale.  Get the Strawberry Soy Beef, thank me later.   Smiley

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 09:16:55 pm »

Thank you guys for all the great suggestions!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 05:53:08 am »

You vegetablarians crack me up. Why be afraid of food with legs, wings, or fins? Is it the mobility of food that scares you?   

Vegetables are great...as a side dish.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 07:46:08 am »

I hate to chase my food. 

That's why I pay someone else to do it for me.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org