A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:26:32 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: monthly charge for police  (Read 7714 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 07:59:55 pm »

The video shows a very similarity to other dashboard cam videos that were made by the group in Vegas that were forwarded on the internet.  The driver  doing a jig seems always to have been in the pictures.  Believe they were for amusement only.    
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:43:25 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:11:11 pm »

No. This video is not fake. The officer was killed.  See the above post By sgrizzle for his information.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 02:07:02 pm »

I do not question the officer loosing his life.   The loss of life in pursuit of enforcing the laws is not acceptable under any circumstances.  My questing is centered on the video as to its similarities to other videos that have been placed on the internet.  In the video as in others the officers are never placed full view in the picture.  Using the recent video of the paramedic/OHP incident as a rule this video shows a gross of errors on the part of the officer.     

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »

I do not question the officer loosing his life.   The loss of life in pursuit of enforcing the laws is not acceptable under any circumstances.  My questing is centered on the video as to its similarities to other videos that have been placed on the internet.  In the video as in others the officers are never placed full view in the picture.  Using the recent video of the paramedic/OHP incident as a rule this video shows a gross of errors on the part of the officer.     

You think? 

He was 22

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
buckeye
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 03:33:51 pm »

You could always become a police officer and then join the FOP.  Of course this could also happen to you.

<brutal video link>

Or (more likely) you could get killed in a traffic collision.  Don't go into retail either, especially not as a manager:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cfoi.toc.htm

and a handier summary of the same data:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article/CB-1340-Job-Search-Americas-Most-Dangerous-Jobs/?ArticleID=1340&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=394fdbd5e08a4425837f04dc622252d3-319221052-JI-5&ns_siteid=ns_us_g_bureau_labor_statisti_

But that's really not the point.  Fees was previously nailed for some shenanigans involving selling pseudoephedrine online as well as a couple other fairly silly things:

http://dailyme.com/story/2010021100002551/officer-faced-discipline-times-incident-involved.html

I don't think any of us civilians would be afforded the relative luxury of paid leave in the same circumstances.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:35:33 pm by buckeye » Logged
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 04:27:10 pm »

I don't think any of us civilians would be afforded the relative luxury of paid leave in the same circumstances.
We would have been provided an all expenses paid vacation to McAlester for the pseudoephedrine bit. It's unlikely we would have had the chance to point a gun at somebody at Oscar's Gastro Pub 3 or 4 years later.

Oh, and we'd be back in jail right now on a parole violation if we had somehow gotten paroled that shortly.

I don't begrudge officers a little PC when it comes to minor things like speeding or noise complaints, but this and the officer's previous issues go far beyond that.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
shadows
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50:05 pm »

You think?  

He was 22
The officer in the traffic stop had a gun in hand and ordered the person to come toward him (under normal procedure would be “place your hands on your head) and watch him do a jig, go to the cab and get a rifle, and walk around the pickup and shoot the officer.   A 22 years old with gun in hand is a very dangerous age as they have a tendency to shoot first and think about it later.  Look at the video real closely to the actions of the driver and think that a officer did not even fired a warning shot when the driver did the jig or when he emerged from the cab with the rifle, then would be the time for the officer to empty his gun.

The recent event of the drunken police officer in Tulsa surely does not represent highly educated police officers that are sworn to protect the citizens.  He seems to have a key to the inter sanctuary after sufficient evidence was available for the arrest, released on bail, without even a reduction in his salary until a determination of guilt at some future date.   The mayor if he was acting in good faith with the citizens should have released him from the PD at the same time and let him start the appeal procedures.  

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:15:49 pm by shadows » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org