A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:05:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 ways to better use Terry Simonson's annual $150,000 salary!  (Read 6135 times)
T-town girl
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:39:57 pm »

#1 - Repair 5,000 potholes
#2 - Reopen one community center for one year
#3 - Purchase 2,500 tons of salt for one year
#4 - Reopen 3 Swimming pools for one year
#5 - Rehire 4 city employee's for one year
#6 - 312 Tulsan's could ride the bus for one year
#7 - Pay 52 TPS crossing guards for one year
#8 - Turn back on - half on the highway street lights for one year
#9 - Mow 10,000 acres of Tulsa parks for one year
#10 - Pay 280 Tulsan's water bill for one year

( The figures are estimated from web searches - google, TW, and city of Tulsa website )

FOTD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:00:12 pm »

Funny, but do you really want Screwy to be separated from Dewey? Then who'd be the hand behind the sock puppet?
T-town girl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:05:48 pm »

T-town Elder - I like your sense of humor!!!
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:11:44 pm »

T-town Elder FOTD- I like your sense of humor!!!

T town elder is a TNF label....do not look behind that curtain. Thank you...there is no higher denotation than "elder", but old school would be closer to the truth which is where FOTD hangs.

Heckle and Jeckle are labels that also fit those two clowns running our city....

T-town girl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:24:54 pm »

Sorry - I am new at Tulsa Now - a rookie mistake! You still are very funny.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:42 pm »

I won't stand up for TS or %150,000 in particular but at some point in order to get qualified people, you generally have to pay a reasonable salary.  That's one of the problems with the banking industry.  As much as we'd like to think so, a high school dropout working for minimum wage will probably not be able to lead something like AIG to a profitable status.  I sure there are some notable exceptions.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 11:02:13 pm »

I won't stand up for TS or %150,000 in particular but at some point in order to get qualified people, you generally have to pay a reasonable salary.  That's one of the problems with the banking industry.  As much as we'd like to think so, a high school dropout working for minimum wage will probably not be able to lead something like AIG to a profitable status.  I sure there are some notable exceptions.

While true for most jobs (you need to pay to attract quality) - an elected office is one to serve the people.  It is a vote of the people to decide who they want running the city.   This seems to be the case all over the political spectrum, democrat or republican, local or national.  Get the guy with name recognition on the ballot, then have someone else unelected actually calling the shots and making the policy.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

While true for most jobs (you need to pay to attract quality) - an elected office is one to serve the people.  It is a vote of the people to decide who they want running the city.   This seems to be the case all over the political spectrum, democrat or republican, local or national.  Get the guy with name recognition on the ballot, then have someone else unelected actually calling the shots and making the policy.

You don't always get what you pay for but you usually pay for what you get.  Can't disagree with unelected people calling the shots.

T-town girl
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:49:29 am »

I agree with everyone! I would like to know how someone working for the county doing the same job makes $80,000 a year and he starts working for the city - makes $150,000? Thats my problem with this whole issue and can anyone tell me if he is still practicing law on the cities dime like he was doing with the county??
shadows
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:48:28 pm »

What seems so strange is that when he was employed for each of the positions it took time to establish what kind of a name could be used to describe the job he was hired to do.  Seems it was one of those unneeded jobs that the citizens could not do without.  Grin 

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org