A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:14:16 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thou shalt not lie - Dewey Bartlett and Terry Simonson  (Read 3607 times)
T-town girl
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:39:31 pm »

I luv how the mayor tryed to blame a past administration for his budget problems. You can get online and pull up the last three years of the mayor's budget and clearly see that the budgets stayed the same. The problem is our hard earned tax money is being blown on a $150,000 chief of staff and a $105,000 mayor who is still being paid to run his oil company. Why is his chief of staff being paid - $45,000 more than the mayor - maybe because Terry is running the city and I do not remember his name on the ballot. $45,000 could bring back two cops, help the park department, two city employee's!! When are we going to stand up as a group and call them on the carpet for ripping off the citizens of Tulsa! It's time.....
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:49:57 pm »

I luv how the mayor tryed to blame a past administration for his budget problems. You can get online and pull up the last three years of the mayor's budget and clearly see that the budgets stayed the same. The problem is our hard earned tax money is being blown on a $150,000 chief of staff and a $105,000 mayor who is still being paid to run his oil company. Why is his chief of staff being paid - $45,000 more than the mayor - maybe because Terry is running the city and I do not remember his name on the ballot. $45,000 could bring back two cops, help the park department, two city employee's!! When are we going to stand up as a group and call them on the carpet for ripping off the citizens of Tulsa! It's time.....

You have to be joking.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:18 pm »

Budget may be the same, you must not read the papers: revenues are down.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:36:37 pm »

T-town girl there seems to be some discrepancies in your post.  I cannot believe there was ever a flat budget for three years.  $45,000 dollars would not satisfy the cost to bring even one police salary with  perks back.   Pull back the rug and look at the trash swept under it by previous rulers.

You are right on the last ballot but the name has been on previous ballots.  This time he came through the back door which is the norm for city hall. In Tulsa the days of the Gentile has passed as the Pharisees are in command of the city now.  Grin

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
T-town girl
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »

Shadows - I was talking about the mayors office budget not the entire city budget. But I agree with what you are saying - I just think that we blowing alot of tax payer funds!!!
shadows
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »

We are blowing the taxpayers money around with a lot of hot air where everyone is pointing the finger at someone else as to the reason Tulsa is in such a crisis.  There are to many trust and authorities with untouchable bank accounts that belong to the taxpayer but the bottom line is “that is our money and you can’t touch it, if you need some get it from that man behind the tree”.

They are playing the cat and mouse game with the citizens in order increase fees and taxes.  I have attended meeting when department were trying to put a request for money in the budget.  One notes the stupidity that is quite evident in such meeting.
 Grin

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org