A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:40:33 am
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290520 times)
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #615 on: August 30, 2018, 10:54:35 am »

So the board of adjustment voted to not allow the change of zoning which would have let the owner of Baird manufacturing change the zoning for that corner and expand his manufacturing operations. This does not stop him from being able to demolish the building. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he leaves the place alone. Or sells.

I drove by the building last night.  There are no obvious significant structural issues that are visible from the road.  I am guessing it is more a situation of not wanting to put money into the current configuration.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #616 on: August 30, 2018, 10:55:28 am »

I think the Welltown Brewery development was a pretty cool project.  It is a very nice space.  That said, I get your point on development to the West.  This latest GKFF project has been rumored for a while.  They have done such excellent work on the other projects, so I am anxious to see the plans for this development.  Changing the face of the neighborhood is exactly correct.

I've been to Welltown 3 times in three weeks.  Their beers right now don't stand out to me (save for the Mango and the Berry) but as they ramp up I'm sure that will change.  I love the roof space and the views it provides.  It's a great central venue for pre event festivities for both the Brady Theater and the BOK Center due to proximity.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #617 on: September 07, 2018, 08:16:42 am »

Cool view down Boston with the Flats on Archer nearly finished

rebound
City Father

« Reply #618 on: September 07, 2018, 10:28:42 am »

Cool view down Boston with the Flats on Archer nearly finished

We were up there last week for the Woody Guthrie Prize ceremony (Awesome, by the way.  I'm a huge Mellencamp fan.) and the wife saw the Flats (basically the same view you show here), and said how it really transforms that block.   The Flats look great there, and they have done a great job with the architecture, etc. 

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #619 on: September 07, 2018, 12:13:52 pm »

Nice view.  I got a good shot yesterday with the clouds showing about halfof that tall building on Boston...near Decopolis, looking north.

Some good shots available yesterday with the low clouds...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #620 on: September 07, 2018, 03:32:13 pm »

Looks like our next trip to Tulsa will be Thanksgiving week, we are going to need to pick one day just to see all the changes downtown and wander around the Gathering Place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #621 on: October 18, 2018, 10:50:50 am »

Another view of the Flats on Archer over Amelia's patio

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #622 on: October 18, 2018, 03:20:32 pm »

I know Scott Moore sold his part of Hey Mambo! out, is it still open in that strip?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #623 on: October 18, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »

Hey Mambo's is now Sette Italian Brick Oven. www.settetulsa.com

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #624 on: October 18, 2018, 03:39:17 pm »

That is a stunning photo! Nice angle and shot! Crazy to think back about how far that area has come. So many aesthetically pleasing spots now. amelia's did a nice job with the patio.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2020, 01:19:49 pm »

Not sure best spot for this because there's no active/recent Greenwood threads, but it's essentially part of the Arts District, because that contains part of Greenwood.

Greenwood Rising History Center building should be in place by 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre centennial

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/racemassacre/greenwood-rising-history-center-building-should-be-in-place-by/article_0949ec5b-b10c-5812-801b-14a7b1eec013.html

Hard to tell for sure from renderings, but looks like a 1-story building with a series of shops on the southern side. It would've been really nice if they could've at least made it 2 story. Really hard to add density with 1 story places, but good to see progress on this place which is currently a parking lot. It looks really nice and nice site plan with integrated trail to the Hope Reconciliation park.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2020, 01:23:34 pm »

I do wonder if the entire building is the history and cultural center or if the parts that look like shops will be retail/restaurant space. It's not very large to fulfill those requirements plus retail so wouldn't be surprised if there's no retail component.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #627 on: March 10, 2020, 04:30:25 pm »

I don't think that's retail of any kind. Not really what this site is about anyway.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #628 on: March 11, 2020, 03:29:17 pm »

I don't think that's retail of any kind. Not really what this site is about anyway.

The left side does look like that though, in the low resolution images on TW:

And they specifically said this is about rebirth of Greenwood. Part of that is giving subsidized rent to black owned businesses in the area. That has been a big aim of the Greenwood cultural board. They said they haven't decided what all will be in the buildings and property yet.
Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #629 on: March 11, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »

https://www.selserschaefer.com/projects/greenwood-history-center-2/

Greenwood Rising will become a cultural destination capturing the story of the Greenwood District, historic Black Wall Street, the tragic 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre and provide a road toward reconciliation. An addition and renovation to the existing Greenwood Cultural Center will “bring it to the street”, re-creating the historic pedestrian-friendly district by once again engaging the street edge and providing new entrepreneurial retail space.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org