A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:24:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290408 times)
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05:05 am »

I didn't see any specific figures, but from what I've heard, there's still a sizable amount of funds that are tied to the district for continued support. The article just says funding to continue support, but I don't think it's under $500k
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #496 on: August 11, 2017, 03:40:35 pm »

36 Degrees North to add office space in nearby building in Brady Arts District

Tulsa's "Basecamp for Entrepreneurs," 36 Degrees North, is adding a sister space that will nearly double its existing square footage.

By November, newly named Camp II is expected to move into a 9,000-square-foot ground floor at 300 E. Mathew B. Brady St., said Dustin Curzon, executive director of 36 Degrees North, which is housed in a 11,000-square-foot-space at 36 E. Cameron St.

Walsh Branding, a marketing and media planning firm, is moving from the first to second floor in the Brady Street structure, said Lauren King, communications director at 36 Degrees North.

"Our basecamp location has pretty much been full since October of last year," Curzon said in a phone interview. "We've seen increased demand as our membership grows. Our members who have been here and have grown as their companies are successful, we don't have enough room for them to stay here."

"Right now, we have a nine-person company working out of a four-person office. We just have seen the need, and it's been consistent enough that there's a clear, ongoing demand for this."

Camp II will include 12 furnished offices, two conference rooms, a kitchen and a 36 Degrees North team member onsite during business hours. The space is designed primarily for companies with three to 10 employees, and only 36 Degrees North members with a Camp II membership will be able to use the facility.

36 Degrees North will operate out of its current location and continue to house entrepreneurs with small teams, freelancers, remote workers and community partners. It also will serve as home to networking events, workshops, panel discussions and lectures throughout the year. Members at Camp II will have full access to everything the Basecamp offers.

"A company may have five employees but they are still in that infancy stage and they don't need to be spending thousands of dollars on office furniture, getting their internet hooked up and all that stuff," Curzon said. "They need to be focusing on their business. We can continue to help with that."

Founding partners of 36 Degrees North, which opened in January 2016, are the George Kaiser Family Foundation, Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, Tulsa Regional Chamber, Tulsa Technology Center, Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma.

"36 Degrees North exemplifies Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation's goal to enhance Tulsa’s entrepreneurial ecosystem," Elizabeth Frame Ellison, CEO of LTFF, said in a statement. "It’s amazing to see this initiative that we researched five years ago and co-founded less than two years ago experience such success that it necessitates a second space, serving even more of Tulsa’s small businesses and entrepreneurs."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/smallbusiness/degrees-north-to-add-office-space-in-nearby-building-in/article_05fe6446-0cb7-5145-9d7c-b10980bdc846.html
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2017, 04:30:32 pm »

I've heard Brady District office space runs about 2x downtown, which is already about 2x the rest of the city. Like our own little Silicon Valley.

Just wondering if we should take these kids with their fancy ideas and teach them financial realities up front. Make them work in an un-airconditioned warehouse at 46th and memorial, stocked with a wobbly card table, a dialup connection and maybe some maxwell house.
cbs
Citizen

« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2017, 07:47:20 pm »

a dialup connection and maybe some maxwell house.

Those are like anti-entrepreneur buzzwords.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »

Those are like anti-entrepreneur buzzwords.

Like the recent unhappy Google employee who called the place a Goolag? He was likely making $160k and working in an office with free massages and coffee bar.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2017, 09:38:40 pm »

and maybe some maxwell house.

Nah, Folgers would be punishment enough.

Grin

TeeDub
« Reply #501 on: August 14, 2017, 06:50:13 am »

Off topic, but...

Do they still make Sanka?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #502 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:44 am »

Awesome news, 36th North is really humming along.  Home grown companies are a far better investment in Tulsa than home run gift packages to out of state super-mega-corps.

I never realized the brick building on the corner and the two story white building were actually one and the same structure.  Learn something every day...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #503 on: August 14, 2017, 08:28:40 am »

I've heard Brady District office space runs about 2x downtown, which is already about 2x the rest of the city. Like our own little Silicon Valley.

Not sure about Brady District office space, but pretty skeptical it would run 2x downtown and I'm pretty sure downtown rents are not 2x the rest of the city.  A quick look at LoopNet listings confirms.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #504 on: August 14, 2017, 04:15:24 pm »

Awesome news, 36th North is really humming along.  Home grown companies are a far better investment in Tulsa than home run gift packages to out of state super-mega-corps.

I never realized the brick building on the corner and the two story white building were actually one and the same structure.  Learn something every day...

Just cool so much space is back in play in the Brady District that sat empty for years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2017, 08:10:02 pm »

Not sure about Brady District office space, but pretty skeptical it would run 2x downtown and I'm pretty sure downtown rents are not 2x the rest of the city.  A quick look at LoopNet listings confirms.

I would have to assume that supply (or lack there of) may have a little to do with it. Really is there that much speculative office space in the Brady area? I would think it would be in the thousands of square feet, not even 10's of thousands.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2017, 07:25:01 am »

Just wondering if we should take these kids with their fancy ideas and teach them financial realities up front. Make them work in an un-airconditioned warehouse at 46th and memorial, stocked with a wobbly card table, a dialup connection and maybe some maxwell house.

And CBRE is convincing the owners of those spaces that they should rent for $7.50 sq ft !!   What a racket.!!   We are gonna move out of town real soon for the warehouse facility.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #507 on: August 28, 2017, 09:36:23 am »

Maybe the name change of the district's business association will help with those rent costs!
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #508 on: August 28, 2017, 11:33:21 am »

Maybe the name change of the district's business association will help with those rent costs!

Yeah! That will make a REAL difference! The change we all needed!

I don't know why they hate MB Brady so much. I know he wasn't the best photographer, but there weren't too many others at the time.

Seriously though, this whole thing was a bit ridiculous from the beginning. Just about every single historical figure was a vile racist or involved in some heinous things (Lincoln believed that blacks were inferior to whites; Andrew Jackson led the genocide of natives; Columbus led to the slaughter and enslavement of many; etc). Very few people would have known anything about who Tate Brady  was if it weren't for the big outrage from a small group of people about it. I don't think a name change is going to take on very easily and there will be quite a bit backlash against that.

Woody Guthrie was a racist and an America-hating communist so he doesn't deserve the namesake either.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #509 on: August 28, 2017, 12:49:32 pm »

"Racism is Bad Blvd"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org