A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290507 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:02 am »

Brady development from Hey Mambo FB:

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2012, 12:11:23 pm »

The Valkyrie bar is open on Brady now. Quite a well-curated beer list they have, and no wasted tap handles.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Valkyrie/312738182093955

dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »

The Valkyrie bar is open on Brady now. Quite a well-curated beer list they have, and no wasted tap handles.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Valkyrie/312738182093955

we went on saturday night before the bon iver show.  we will most likely go back.  they had a nice selection of beers on tap.  the wine selection is not that big.  they basically had one selection for each type of wine.  it looked like they had a decent liquor selection for mixed drinks and such.  i liked the look of the decor inside.  it seemed similar to edward delk, but more subtle.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Okie2
Citizen

« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

Does anybody know if there are plans to bury the utility lines in the Brady District like they've been done throughout the rest of downtown? Looking at the pictures make me realize how much better the area would look without all the utility lines.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #469 on: June 05, 2012, 09:00:07 pm »

Does anybody know if there are plans to bury the utility lines in the Brady District like they've been done throughout the rest of downtown? Looking at the pictures make me realize how much better the area would look without all the utility lines.

I'm guessing that unless the tenants pony up for it, probably not.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2012, 09:50:43 am »

we went on saturday night before the bon iver show.  we will most likely go back.  they had a nice selection of beers on tap.  the wine selection is not that big.  they basically had one selection for each type of wine.  it looked like they had a decent liquor selection for mixed drinks and such.  i liked the look of the decor inside.  it seemed similar to edward delk, but more subtle.

I like it as well. I expect that it can get fairly loud in there though since there are no soft surfaces to absorb sound.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #471 on: August 06, 2012, 02:41:02 pm »

Posted twice due to Delks and Brady district development.

Juniper owner to operate Edward Delk's, open Brady District steakhouse in the fall

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20120806_371_0_Justin214637

Justin Thompson, chef-proprietor of Juniper, said Monday he has taken over operation of Edward Delk's and plans to open an upscale steakhouse in the Brady District in the fall.

Thompson said Edward Delk's, 427 S. Boston Ave., will be closed Monday and Tuesday and will reopen Wednesday with a new menu and new wine list.

"I'm sort of bringing in my own kind of food," Thompson said. "The identity will be American-style pub with things like pulled pork sliders and blue cheese nachos. We also will offer full dinners with things like chorizo meatloaf with sweet-corn mashed potatoes.

"We also will have some changes in the bar and the wine list. It will be a whole new atmosphere."

Edward Delk's was opened in December 2011 by Eric Richards and Hunt Hawkins.

"I've known Eric and Hunt since high school," Thompson said. "We entered into a partnership where I will handle the day to day operation of the restaurant."

He said Edward Delk's will be open for lunch and dinner Monday-Friday and dinner only Saturday.

Thompson said his new steakhouse, to be called PRHYME Downtown Steakhouse, will be located on the south end of the new Fairfield Inn & Suites, 111 N. Main St.

It will be on the opposite end of the hotel from another new restaurant, Laffa, a project from the owners of Cosmo.

"We are starting construction on the steakhouse this week," Thompson said. "It will be an upscale, modern steakhouse and have everything you expect to see with a few twists.

"We will focus on beef from different regions, and customers can pick among grass-fed or grain-fed beef. Different steaks will have different fat content. People can try different styles of steak and see what they really like.

"We'll also have 300 wines by the bottle, caviar service and lots of seafood."

Thompson said the target date for completion is mid October.

Thompson, who opened the upscale-casual Juniper last year at 324 E. Third St., formerly was chef at such places as Ciao!, Sonoma Bistro, the Brasserie and Osage restaurant at Gilcrease Museum.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20120806_371_0_Justin214637
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #472 on: November 19, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »

From a FB post:

Opening in less than a month.

tulsasooner
Citizen

« Reply #473 on: November 19, 2012, 07:06:12 pm »

Does anybody know when they are going to start on the Brady flats? Heard they were going to start when Fairfield Inn was done.  How about Urban8?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #474 on: December 05, 2012, 11:37:16 am »

KOTV is moving over to the new building over the next few weeks.

News On 6 Employees Tour New Griffin Communications Media Center

http://www.newson6.com/story/20267102/news-on-6-employees-get-sneak-peak-of-our-new-digs?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TULSA, Oklahoma - As News On 6 gets set to move to our new home in Tulsa's Brady Arts District, we invited our families to take a look at where we'll be working.
The took a tour Tuesday evening of the new Griffin Communications Media Center, on Cameron between Boston and Cincinnati.

We're actually broadcasting from the new headquarters right now. Our signal is going out to your home through our new master control center, which moved to the Brady Arts District on Saturday.

The rest of us will move over the next several weeks.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #475 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47:05 pm »

New Cedar trees were planted on Main street between Brady and Cameron. They look great while they are small, but not sure if they are a good idea long term unless someone keeps them trimmed and "christmas tree shaped"
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #476 on: December 13, 2012, 12:48:19 pm »

unless someone keeps them trimmed and "christmas tree shaped"

Parking meter guy.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #477 on: December 13, 2012, 12:52:56 pm »

Parking meter guy.

I think that is a union job...so its not in his job description.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2013, 11:28:53 am »

6 On The Move: The History Of The Brady District, Tulsa's First Neighborhood

http://www.newson6.com/story/20664446/6-on-the-move-the-history-of-the-brady-district
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:08 am »

Sadly, insuring the reliability of electric service isnt enough of an incentive to bury lines.
You would think there would be some regulations...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org