A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:26:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290527 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2012, 09:35:41 am »

A project was planned for the area south of Cain's but the developers were unable to get it done.  Tax credit issues and the guarantors backed out from what I heard, but don't take that as fact.  The project was a nice design and would have brought world famous BBQ to downtown versus going to BA.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #376 on: January 23, 2012, 11:03:37 am »

As the area along Archer gets more built-up I think the next wave of development will be along Main, including the lot between Archer and Brady and the properties between Cain's and Cameron.  Also areas around the new park. 

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #377 on: January 24, 2012, 02:31:03 am »

As the area along Archer gets more built-up I think the next wave of development will be along Main, including the lot between Archer and Brady and the properties between Cain's and Cameron.  Also areas around the new park.

Do you mean the Mexicali parking lot and the adjacent lot to the south?

Also, I really need to proofread.  And not post when I'm dead tired.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #378 on: January 24, 2012, 08:46:53 am »

Do you mean the Mexicali parking lot and the adjacent lot to the south?

Also, I really need to proofread.  And not post when I'm dead tired.

Will Wilkens had mentioned something was planned for the cool building across the street from the CAINS. I'd like to see another hotel go into that empty lot west of sound pony.
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #379 on: January 24, 2012, 11:12:57 am »

Looking at the AHHA construction cam reminded me to ask the following question: When are we going to bury the electrical and phone lines in the Brady District? With all the streetscaping plans, I hope that's something they've included. Those things are an eyesore, just as they are all over town, and it was a HUGE missed opportunity when the lines in Brookside weren't buried during their streetscaping project.

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #380 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:41 am »

Looking at the AHHA construction cam reminded me to ask the following question: When are we going to bury the electrical and phone lines in the Brady District? With all the streetscaping plans, I hope that's something they've included. Those things are an eyesore, just as they are all over town, and it was a HUGE missed opportunity when the lines in Brookside weren't buried during their streetscaping project.

I wish that was in the plans but I'd bet my donuts it's not.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

I really encourage anyone interested in downtown Tulsa to drive around, or better yet, walk around the Brady District.  The pictures being posted are great, but there is no substitute for seeing it in person.  The amount of construction activity is incredible and it is hard not to be excited about the future of this area.

Definitely true.  I went for a walk through there and all the construction is very exciting.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

More pics posted by Hey Mambo

AHHA

Stage

KOTV
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19:44 am »

The picture above captioned "stage" is part of the new park north of the new museum.  I can see it from my office and was going to ask what type of structure it was.  If it is a "stage," are there any plan renderings?  It's a pretty large frame for a stage.  It spans the entire block.  Also, what is the slab on the north end of the park going to be?  It also spans nearly the entire block.  Seems large to just be bathrooms.  This may have been discussed previously so I apologize if this is a rehash.  It seems these plans are always evolving a bit.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #384 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:44 am »

The picture above captioned "stage" is part of the new park north of the new museum.  I can see it from my office and was going to ask what type of structure it was.  If it is a "stage," are there any plan renderings?  It's a pretty large frame for a stage.  It spans the entire block.  Also, what is the slab on the north end of the park going to be?  It also spans nearly the entire block.  Seems large to just be bathrooms.  This may have been discussed previously so I apologize if this is a rehash.  It seems these plans are always evolving a bit.

According to the banner that is hanging on the fence this steel structure is a "trellis"
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #385 on: February 07, 2012, 11:48:30 am »

The slab is a cafe / nuclear bunker / vault.  OK, not a bunker or vault.. just getting built like one.   If you happen to be in the Brady district when a twister's headed this way... head for the cafe restrooms or whatever it is (which will probably have a big padlock on them..  psych!)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #386 on: February 08, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

Urban Tulsa has an article on parking in the Brady.  I'm glad to hear business is not slowing down.

http://www.urbantulsa.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=46623
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #387 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »

Where exactly are these parking problems? The new spots they created on Archer are never anywhere close to full midday when I go by. Nor are they ever close to full at night.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: February 08, 2012, 10:35:21 pm »

What is it with this town and "parking problems"?  Huh Just absurd really. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2012, 08:02:52 am »

What is it with this town and "parking problems"?  Huh Just absurd really. 

Most of us couldn't manage in NYC, Paris (France), London (England), Hong Kong...

That's the way we are.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org