A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:20 pm
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290465 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2012, 04:36:14 pm »

Nice pic. 

Obviously, though, there's still a lot of space to be filled. 
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »

Might add that the parking lot on the bottom right of that photo is the land that I think BOK is offering to donate for the pop culture museum. 

Also, the parking garage on the far bottom left is being expanded to the south (outside of the photo).  I am hoping that it stays open late so that it can serve as a parking hub for the entire district since much of the Brady District parking is being swallowed up with construction.  Right now, the garage closes at 9:00 p.m.  It is a nice easy walk across the bridge to the Brady District.  Might even consider running a trolly or other type of transportation service from the lot around the district for the lazier of our citizens for whom a 3 block walk is unimaginable.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2012, 07:13:36 pm »

Careful.  Photos like that ruin the "downtown is dead" paradigm.  Obviously Vision 2025, the new ball park, BOK center, and individual entrepreneurship has been an utter FAILboat in downtown.

TTAC, pick up the white courtesy phone!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

Hoss Cutright,

I have been a huge advocate for the Brady/Greenwood neighborhood.

Do you hold it against me that Downtown needs a miracle?

TTC
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

Yes, it's all your fault.

Grin

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:25 pm »

Might add that the parking lot on the bottom right of that photo is the land that I think BOK is offering to donate for the pop culture museum. 

Also, the parking garage on the far bottom left is being expanded to the south (outside of the photo).  I am hoping that it stays open late so that it can serve as a parking hub for the entire district since much of the Brady District parking is being swallowed up with construction.  Right now, the garage closes at 9:00 p.m.  It is a nice easy walk across the bridge to the Brady District.  Might even consider running a trolly or other type of transportation service from the lot around the district for the lazier of our citizens for whom a 3 block walk is unimaginable.

Not shown:
The parking garage in the bottom left has been expanded by 60% or so as well.
The bridge construction. They had two big holes dug on the south side of the tracks today for what I assume will be the south pillars.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2012, 10:18:34 pm »

Hoss Cutright,

I have been a huge advocate for the Brady Franklin/Greenwood neighborhood.

TTC

Losing your edge?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2012, 10:49:19 am »

KOTV just posted by HeyMambo.

"Steel arriving at the hotel site."

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:51:02 am by Townsend » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2012, 10:58:58 am »

Great news for the Chinese steel industry!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:33 am »

Great news for the Chinese steel industry!

Negative Nelly
rdj
City Father

« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:29 pm »

Chances the Brady District is renamed?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2012, 12:57:30 pm »

Losing your edge?

Over the edge.....
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2012, 11:00:01 pm »

TTC, Downtown does not need a miracle.  It needs conscientious planning, effort, and time.  Miracles need not apply.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Boksooner
Activist

« Reply #373 on: January 22, 2012, 02:52:52 am »

Pic looking north from the 33rd floor of the BOk Tower.

I labeled what I could in terms of new construction or remodeling.
Hopefully they are all correct.

I think I can see my car.

It has been exciting going to work ever day for the past 6 years and seeing how downtown has changed. Now, if I can just find some affordable housing in downtown...
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2012, 08:56:05 pm »

I really wish that the corridor that heads uo to the ony pistol and cains were more developed.  On the cains side of the street is empty lots and corrigated prefab steel buildings.  On the other side is a giant open field.  When I asked earlier on this thread what was next, that's the space I really had in mind.  Some of those manufacturing (or whatever they really are) such as the complex south of cains or the one on the southwest corner of boston and cameron are going to have to move out eventually.  If I were the king of the world (rich in ponies, of course) I wouldsnatch up that space and build 6-8 story pre-1945 style apartment building.  With the park across the street the land value has to be going up.  It just seems like eventually they will get priced out of their own hood.  Lets hope so.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org