A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:01:01 am
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290530 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:21 pm »

Are there even any low whispers or rumors of anyone trying to buy the Borden's facility?  The plant itself fronts Denver and looks at the jail - not exactly the easiest location to redevelop (and I'm not sure you could repurpose a milk plant very efficiently).  All those lots with parked trucks and trailers near the Brady Theater, however, could offer some great development opportunities for someone with a lot of money or, oh I don't know, maybe a family foundation. Wink
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:46 pm »

Considering the age of the dairy, it likely is loaded with asbestos. Usually slows down a deal.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »

Are there even any low whispers or rumors of anyone trying to buy the Borden's facility?  The plant itself fronts Denver and looks at the jail - not exactly the easiest location to redevelop (and I'm not sure you could repurpose a milk plant very efficiently).  All those lots with parked trucks and trailers near the Brady Theater, however, could offer some great development opportunities for someone with a lot of money or, oh I don't know, maybe a family foundation. Wink

Marshall's! fits across from the jail!

Glad I gave up that stuff years ago....asbestos is a burden but not an end all...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:18:00 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2012, 02:34:57 pm »

You meant Main and Cameron: Southeast Corner

That building was a old Ford dealership, I can tell you nothing will happen to that building that has to do with any kind of music,liquor sales or alternative life styles. I am sure it will stay empty until the own dies! That's what I heard.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

That building was a old Ford dealership, I can tell you nothing will happen to that building that has to do with any kind of music,liquor sales or alternative life styles. I am sure it will stay empty until the own dies! That's what I heard.

Same story I heard.  Fortunately I believe the owner is well along in years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

You forgot dancing, smiling and not being an old dooshe.
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2012, 02:54:50 pm »

Considering the age of the dairy, it likely is loaded with asbestos. Usually slows down a deal.
Who knows about Wally, its his kids who will inherit the business and property. Hope to see businesses on the street level and lofts on the top level! Those would be some of the best lofts in the district with those windows!
takemebacktotulsa
Citizen

« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2012, 03:39:24 pm »

i agree, i've always thought that building would make really great lofts. besides the tribune, they'd be the only real lofts in the brady.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2012, 02:16:17 pm »

HeyMambo FB update titled "Brady Square steel being unloaded".

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:30 pm »

HeyMambo FB of the AHHA:

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2012, 02:25:32 pm »

And the stage construction is moving right along...

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

They sure aren't wasting any time with that steel. Glad to see things coming along.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2012, 03:44:42 pm »

Pic looking north from the 33rd floor of the BOk Tower.

I labeled what I could in terms of new construction or remodeling.
Hopefully they are all correct.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

Careful.  Photos like that ruin the "downtown is dead" paradigm.  Obviously Vision 2025, the new ball park, BOK center, and individual entrepreneurship has been an utter FAILboat in downtown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »

Thanks for posting that.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org