A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:30 pm
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290477 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2012, 02:28:49 pm »

It will take a lot of money to move Tipsword and Borden. But moving them out is a must. You might have to find a user for those areas first...
Tulsa Parking Authority?
It doesn't need to happen tomorrow...there are still plenty of buildings to fix up on Main (by Cains and Hunt Club) and by the ball park and plenty of empty spaces to build in. But I agree that they need to move out to the Cherokee industrial park.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2012, 02:38:38 pm »

Anything going into the old building at Boulder and Cameron?  Across from the Hunt Club...I believe it was a car dealership.

I am leasing the southeast corner of Boulder and Cameron. I moved some warehousing operations into the north third of the building about a year ago. Look for my M.e.t. sign.

Maybe I will have a party there this spring and invite everybody.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2012, 02:41:03 pm »

I am leasing the southeast corner of Boulder and Cameron. I moved some warehousing operations into the north third of the building about a year ago. Look for my M.e.t. sign.

Maybe I will have a party there this spring and invite everybody.

Maybe I've got the wrong intersection...I meant a block over from your building.

Down the street from Cain's

edited: but yes, I'd show
rdj
City Father

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2012, 02:58:35 pm »

A business owner in Brady told me that "Brady is pretty much finished."  I don't think they consider anything west of Boulder, other than the Brady Theater, to really be a part of the Brady District.

Also, the amount of land the church desires just isn't available in that area unless you were to buy property from multiple owners and knock buildings down.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2012, 03:02:05 pm »

Also, the amount of land the church desires just isn't available in that area unless you were to buy property from multiple owners and knock buildings down.

That tends to be the way we role.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

I doubt they had a problem knocking buildings down.  It was probably a problem to put together a contiguous plot of land.  Because you know church buildings have to be sprawling...

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »

I doubt they had a problem knocking buildings down.  It was probably a problem to put together a contiguous plot of land.  Because you know church buildings have to be sprawling...

And aren't they getting the land at 6th & Frankfort donated by a church member?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:07 pm »

Maybe I've got the wrong intersection...I meant a block over from your building.

Down the street from Cain's

edited: but yes, I'd show

You meant Main and Cameron: Southeast Corner
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »

You meant Main and Cameron: Southeast Corner

Ah, thanks.  That one.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2012, 04:31:25 pm »

I thought the Hanson boys bought that building.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2012, 04:32:40 pm »

I thought the Hanson boys bought that building.

Secret brewery?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #341 on: January 13, 2012, 06:51:32 am »

It doesn't need to happen tomorrow...there are still plenty of buildings to fix up on Main (by Cains and Hunt Club) and by the ball park and plenty of empty spaces to build in. But I agree that they need to move out to the Cherokee industrial park.

Isn't that kind of going against the grain in terms of the expressed desires here to keep a wide variety of activities in the area?  Perhaps some Borden people might want to live in the area?  But I bet that couldn't afford it...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #342 on: January 13, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

Isn't that kind of going against the grain in terms of the expressed desires here to keep a wide variety of activities in the area?  Perhaps some Borden people might want to live in the area?  But I bet that couldn't afford it...

Fine with me if Bordens stays...they just need to move their trucks somewhere else so that Parking lot can be developed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #343 on: January 13, 2012, 11:28:00 am »

Fine with me if Bordens stays...they just need to move their trucks somewhere else so that Parking lot can be developed.

Yeah...we need more parking lots downtown!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:42 pm »

A business owner in Brady told me that "Brady is pretty much finished."  I don't think they consider anything west of Boulder, other than the Brady Theater, to really be a part of the Brady District.

No way.....maybe a slow down but not finished by a long shot.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org