A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:47 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290508 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2012, 01:28:37 pm »

Channel 6 update from HeyMambo

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »

We headed east around the north side of the Brady District on 244 at lunch time.  It's really cool to see all the renovations which are done and in progress. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2012, 02:12:23 pm »

And Channel 6 tooting a horn...most likely theirs:

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2012, 09:19:01 am »

We headed east around the north side of the Brady District on 244 at lunch time.  It's really cool to see all the renovations which are done and in progress. 

I really hope the POP Museum can be built. I looked at the proposed space on Saturday and I think it makes sense sandwiched between the Jazz Depot and the AAHM at the Center of the Universe. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:30 am »

Looking east down Archer at Main...you can see the Fairfield Inn construction on the left and the AHHA in the background with the newly finished Metro apartments to the right.  Soon there will be the Brady Flats project rising in between Fairfield and AHHA.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:52:05 am by SXSW » Logged

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2012, 11:26:40 am »

I really hope the POP Museum can be built. I looked at the proposed space on Saturday and I think it makes sense sandwiched between the Jazz Depot and the AAHM at the Center of the Universe. 

Remind me where the POP museum wants to be?
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2012, 11:30:48 am »

On the lot south of Archer between Boston and Cincinnati (across from AHHA).

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2012, 11:39:33 am »

I really encourage anyone interested in downtown Tulsa to drive around, or better yet, walk around the Brady District.  The pictures being posted are great, but there is no substitute for seeing it in person.  The amount of construction activity is incredible and it is hard not to be excited about the future of this area.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2012, 12:10:06 pm »

I really encourage anyone interested in downtown Tulsa to drive around, or better yet, walk around the Brady District.  The pictures being posted are great, but there is no substitute for seeing it in person.  The amount of construction activity is incredible and it is hard not to be excited about the future of this area.

When All Souls was scouting locations downtown for a new Church they initially wanted to be in the Brady/Greenwood area. But when they approached the powers that be in the area they were told that every inch of that part of downtown already has plans for it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:10 pm »

Next to the MOM museum?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2012, 01:27:38 pm »

When All Souls was scouting locations downtown for a new Church they initially wanted to be in the Brady/Greenwood area. But when they approached the powers that be in the area they were told that every inch of that part of downtown already has plans for it.

Anything going into the old building at Boulder and Cameron?  Across from the Hunt Club...I believe it was a car dealership.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2012, 01:33:29 pm »

Anything going into the old building at Boulder and Cameron?  Across from the Hunt Club...I believe it was a car dealership.

No, but every time I go by there I think what a great redevelopment that would make. But into what? Reminds me of the clothing district in NYC.
The space below is the storage for Tulsa Opera and other costumes.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »

Wow, I hope the Bordens truck lot south of the Brady is part of some plan.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »

I don't know what all the project are. Just that All Souls was told that there was no space for the church in the Brady or Greenwood. That everything is spoken for already. I wish I had more specifics.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2012, 01:57:48 pm »

Wow, I hope the Bordens truck lot south of the Brady is part of some plan.

It will take a lot of money to move Tipsword and Borden. But moving them out is a must. You might have to find a user for those areas first...
Tulsa Parking Authority?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org