A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:16:20 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 292499 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2011, 10:59:06 am »

I think The Penguin owned 1/2 the Mathews Warehouse which has turned into the anchor for the Brady District thanks to the Zarrow, Hardesty, Kaiser Foundations, the Arts and Humanities Council and other supporters. I'm wondering with TU and OSU help, what did all do to get The Penguin to cooperate?

Whatever, with the Arts and Humanities council and the Living Arts Center the Brady is moving in the direction of quality over quantity. Those two can provide constant changing art product. I think the jury is still out on it ever becoming a big residential community. With landlords like the Sharks, one must question how fast and secure the Brady is from cooperative development. There's a Tip Sword that needs those properties accumulated and redeveloped. Perhaps, governments role should be to facilitate getting rid of the industrial users by forming an assessment district and zoning enhancement but the ballpark assessment will no doubt go down the tubes and this will cause ripple effects. Governments role is not to provide tax payer funds for museums and tourista trappings.

There is plenty of land down in the Brady, but like I said redevelopment needs more facilitation through the relocation of industrial users out into our newer industrial sites or even up on the hill where Evans (now TDA) holds title. The Bordens trucks are a nightmare and wouldn't it be nice to see their building behind the Old Lady transformed into mixed uses or even a Marshall's micro brewery? The ballpark has served as a nice bridge between the Brady and Blue Dome. When Boulder Bridge is completed, there will be a nice continuation towards the Arena albeit running thin on product after 3 years Wink . With the Mayo up for sale, it will be interesting to watch how all the old city hall area gets redirected. Education centers the Greenwood area but retailers will still be slow in coming due to the lack of demographics.

I would like to see Mayfest moved ahead into the Brady but it will take 3 more years to achieve that because of all the construction. But it's still all taking shape down on the old Shakedown Street Smiley. An interesting mesh of old and new, disturbing history and an optimistic future, fun and education, but it will take some more cooperative effort, big bucks, government aid (not government welfare), and synergy to pull it all off....It's not ever going to be bigger than local. Better keep it under control.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccLsc5YzrI[/youtube]
"You think you've seen this town clear through.
Well, well, well, you can never tell.
Nothin' here that could int'rest you. Well, well, well, you can never tell.
It's not because you missed out on the thing that we had to start." (Garcia/Hunter)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:02:29 am by Teatownclown » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #301 on: January 03, 2012, 01:19:44 pm »

Another update from Hey Mambo:

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: January 05, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »

More pics posted by Hey Mambo:

and the channel 6 tower

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:40 am »

I dont think they are ever going to finish that Arts and Humanities Building.  Wink
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2012, 08:40:22 am »

KOTV Channel 6 site has steel being delivered today! More steel at the AH-ha site, demo on the Boulder bridge and as always work on the park and Matthews going strong! Oh and the hotel as well. So much going on down here!
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2012, 11:06:52 am »

There's a construction webcam on the AHHA website (http://ahhatulsa.com/)

Here's the latest image:

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: January 09, 2012, 11:25:37 am »

There's a construction webcam on the AHHA website (http://ahhatulsa.com/)

Here's the latest image:

Nice.  Thanks
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08:29 pm »

Channel 6 steel going up from Hey Mambo FB.

I hope you don't mind me posting your pics on here HM.
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #308 on: January 09, 2012, 05:03:44 pm »

not at all Wink
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #309 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »

I have an idea for the Brady....it's a Klan Museum. I'm not klanin' around either. It would be much better than a "pop" museum. It would be scary! It would be reflective of the past in the Brady!

Anybody got some relatives who still have their costumes in storage? Any good memorabilia?

Teaching tolerance.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:18 pm »

I have an idea for the Brady....it's a Klan Museum. I'm not klanin' around either. It would be much better than a "pop" museum. It would be scary! It would be reflective of the past in the Brady!

Anybody got some relatives who still have their costumes in storage? Any good memorabilia?

Teaching tolerance.

And I'm the one who gets censored??
You must have a "in" with the powers that be....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2012, 11:37:08 am »

And I'm the one who gets censored??
You must have a "in" with the powers that be....

Don't take it too hard.  This is his 3rd or 4th incarnation as a TN contributor. 

We should congratulate him on his ability to control himself as much as he has this go-round.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

Don't take it too hard.  This is his 3rd or 4th incarnation as a TN contributor. 

We should congratulate him on his ability to control himself as much as he has this go-round.

+1 Wink
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2012, 06:12:05 pm »

I'm not really worried about it.  Just thought I would put in a marker for the latest time I had a post removed.  Can't seem to figure out the rhyme or reason, but will keep evaluating.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2012, 10:54:48 am »

There's a small sign on the door on the northeast corner of the Mathews Warehouse "Art Gallery and Wine Bar."

Has the bar aspect been mentioned? That'll get a lot more people in there on a consistent basis than just art, sans booze.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org