A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:12:07 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 292716 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »

Yep.  The hotel has beams going up already.  The metro is very close to being done.  Once the metro is done then the lofts project to the south of hey mambo can start.

In related news they are doing Reno work on the old lettercraft space next to th cigar bar.  I heard it might be a burgerand chicken spot.  No lease signed as yet.

That's too bad....we need more living food without anti biotics and hormones that have been processed to resemble meats.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2011, 12:54:33 pm »

That's too bad....we need more living food without anti biotics and hormones that have been processed to resemble meats.

I bet you are no fun at parties.

Power is nothing till you use it.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »

Yep.  The hotel has beams going up already.  The metro is very close to being done.  Once the metro is done then the lofts project to the south of hey mambo can start.

In related news they are doing Reno work on the old lettercraft space next to th cigar bar.  I heard it might be a burgerand chicken spot.  No lease signed as yet.

Auto correct sucks doesn't it? Did you mean "demo work?"

Cool news on the hotel, I'm very glad to hear that it is finally starting construction.

Reguarding the Brady Flats, is it confirmed that they will start shortly after the Metro is done, or is that just you speculating?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2011, 01:14:24 pm »

Yes autocorrect does suck.  I meant reno as in renovation.  But demo is the better description

And yes that was just speculation.  As ar as I've heard the project is on track.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »

Driving/walking around the Brady District right now is pretty amazing - the amount/scale of construction is unbelievable.

Recent Tulsa World article stated ONG Field is adding several water features (splash pads, etc) to open this spring, so add some more construction to the area.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2011, 01:57:02 pm »

Yes autocorrect does suck.  I meant reno as in renovation.  But demo is the better description

And yes that was just speculation.  As ar as I've heard the project is on track.

Great to hear! Hopefully that project will in fact move forward once the Metro is done.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2011, 09:24:50 am »

I wish they would hurry up \snark
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2011, 09:28:13 am »

So what's planned that has yet to break ground?  And I mean "planned with a good chance of actually occurring," not "sketched out on the back of a napkin after 6  pints at McNellie's." 

What else do I have to look forward to?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2011, 10:31:52 am »

So what's planned that has yet to break ground?  And I mean "planned with a good chance of actually occurring," not "sketched out on the back of a napkin after 6  pints at McNellie's." 

What else do I have to look forward to?

Firm Projects
1. GreenArch  Southwest corner of Archer and Greenwood.
2. Multi-tenant residence South of Hey-Mambo

Maybe Projects
1. Greenwood hotel and multi-use Southeast corner of Archer and Greenwood
2. OK POP Museum at Archer
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #280 on: December 29, 2011, 10:38:48 am »

Firm Projects

Maybe Projects

Is there any more info on the Greenarch Project? Last I heard it was supposed to start last spring but as far as I know it still has not broken ground. Is it still on track?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #281 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

Firm Projects

Maybe Projects

Anyone heard if a local state legislator is going to take the lead and push the OK Pop Museum this session?  With everything happening in the Brady and the recent announcement on Woody Gutherie, this could really be the turning point for creating a fatanstic destination point in Tulsa.  With the OKC Native American Museum still needing significant state funding, Tulsa area legislators could really have some leverage to make a deal to include bond money for the OK Pop.  Unfortunately, Tulsa area legisltators have historically shown a knack for not making good deals with OKC area legislators.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #282 on: December 29, 2011, 10:57:19 am »

Anyone heard if a local state legislator is going to take the lead and push the OK Pop Museum this session?  With everything happening in the Brady and the recent announcement on Woody Gutherie, this could really be the turning point for creating a fatanstic destination point in Tulsa.  With the OKC Native American Museum still needing significant state funding, Tulsa area legislators could really have some leverage to make a deal to include bond money for the OK Pop.  Unfortunately, Tulsa area legisltators have historically shown a knack for not making good deals with OKC area legislators.

Tulsa needs to get the money up front.
HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #283 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:32 pm »

What I've heard around from some high ups is that they are moving ahead with planning for the OK Pops even if the money doesn't come from the legislator. I've seen a survey crew taking picture of the area around me and the BOK lot it is planned for.

The TV tower for Channel 6 has started going up today has well!
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2011, 09:45:39 pm »

Great news on the Pop Museum, and I noticed the tower going up on the way to Stillwater today.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org