A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:31:25 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 293477 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2011, 11:00:45 am »

Three walls are up at the KOTV site, tribune lofts expansion is all but complete, ground work is happening at the fairview and the Brady park and the pad at Brady Park is being poured for the restaurant.

I'm ready for the lofts by the ballpark to break ground.  Me likey condo units. 
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2011, 11:22:20 am »

Not sure how I feel about this. Archer was a designated bike route, wasn't it? The fact that it was four lanes made it more comfortable for cycling without feeling like you were impeding traffic. And even with four lanes, I still got my share of angry, honking, gesturing drivers who were highly offended by having to change lanes to pass me.

Agreed.  When I saw what they were doing outside of the tribune(s) I was unthrilled.  Since they brought it down to one lane and installed parallel, the remaining two lanes are wide enough that a bike lane could be striped there.

I'm ready for the lofts by the ballpark to break ground.  Me likey condo units. 

I am becoming increasingly suspicious that those will not happen.  I've heard about them forever, but, as yet, no movement has happened on them.  I hope they do happen, but I have a standing rule that if a project doesnt get moved on within a year of its rumor starting, I start to get suspicious, then sceptical, and finally pessimistic.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2011, 01:50:48 pm »

In the past week or so, visible progress has begun inside the market/grocery store on Archer. Some appliances have been moved in. Prior to that, nothing significant (from peering in the window) had changed for months. In another thread, Blake said it'd be a pretty quick renovation, so hopefully that place opens soon.

JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13:30 pm »

In the past week or so, visible progress has begun inside the market/grocery store on Archer. Some appliances have been moved in. Prior to that, nothing significant (from peering in the window) had changed for months. In another thread, Blake said it'd be a pretty quick renovation, so hopefully that place opens soon.

It will be.  Smiley

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2011, 11:40:17 am »

It will be.  Smiley
Awesome.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2011, 11:43:36 am »

That giant BOK lot on Archer near Boston now appears to be open. The gate's always up when I pass by late at night. The new street parking on Archer isn't getting much use on weeknights. I have a hard time imagining it being full most weekends, either.

So with those two additions, plus the coming opening of the new Williams Center garage on nights and weekends, we have way more than enough free parking down there.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »

Posted by Hey Mambo on FB

Steel has arrived for the Arts and Humanities Counsel AhhA Museum! Starting to get exciting around here!
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #262 on: December 27, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

cool beams! Smiley
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2011, 09:56:26 am »

Follow up pic:

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2011, 10:08:48 am »

Very exciting!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2011, 11:08:21 am »

Follow up pic:

Is this the Arts and Humanities or the Fairfield Inn? Can't get my bearings.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2011, 11:15:25 am »

Is this the Arts and Humanities or the Fairfield Inn? Can't get my bearings.

Per Scott it's the museum
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2011, 11:24:54 am »

Per Scott it's the museum

Arts and Humanities Building...Got it. This one:
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2011, 11:54:41 am »

Speaking of the Fairfield Inn, has construction started on it as well?
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

Yep.  The hotel has beams going up already.  The metro is very close to being done.  Once the metro is done then the lofts project to the south of hey mambo can start.

In related news they are doing Reno work on the old lettercraft space next to th cigar bar.  I heard it might be a burgerand chicken spot.  No lease signed as yet.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org