A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:49 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290433 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2011, 12:53:40 pm »

Posted on FB by Hey Mambo:

And if I'm not mistaken, any pad used as a heliport has to be registered with the FAA.  I'll be watching for any registries.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2011, 01:13:35 pm »

Other than loss of his job. Did anything else come out of ol boy clipping their satellite truck and destroying the first skynews 6 ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2011, 10:03:07 am »

TULSA, Oklahoma --  SkyNews6 has landed at its new home in downtown for the first time.

Our helicopter landed at its new hangar on Thursday.

Having SkyNews6 right in our backyard will let us respond even faster to breaking news, severe weather and other big events.

The hangar is the first phase of our move to a new property in the Brady District.

Next up is a transmission tower, then work will begin on our new studio.

http://www.newson6.com/story/15173282/skynews6-lands-at-its-new-home-in-downtown-tulsa
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2011, 10:17:12 am »

I'm glad to hear the new building is still in the works.  I thought I'd read that it had been abandoned with Griffen consolidated in OKC.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2011, 10:18:15 am »

I'm glad to hear the new building is still in the works.  I thought I'd read that it had been abandoned with Griffen consolidated in OKC.

I was under that impression as well but sometimes even Tulsanow posters are off the mark a bit.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2011, 10:21:36 am »

I thought they had been using that helipad for a few weeks now, haven't they? I saw it flying directly over ONEOK Field a few times. Thought it was flying to and from the helipad there.

Also, the Mathews Warehouse is looking good. They've got most of it down to brick now. No more ugly tan colored coating atop the bricks. They've been burning the midnight oil sandblasting (or some kind of blasting).

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2011, 11:49:09 am »

I wasn't really sure what to do here so...future Brady development?

http://www.ktul.com/story/15368183/jail-on-lockdown?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Man Says He Will Blow Up The Jail

A bomb scare at the Tulsa County Jail has authorities blocking off areas.

Details are still coming in as the scene continues to develop but Tulsa's Channel 8's Latoya Silmon confirms Tulsa County Sheriff's Deputies have the parking lot blocked off at the Jail Downtown.

The building is located at 300 North Denver.

Just after 11 a.m. the 911 dispatcher took an anonymous call from a man saying he was going to blow up the jail. The caller did not give any other specifics. The Tulsa Bomb Squad brought in a bomb sniffing dog to investigate. Authorities said the dog should move through the facility pretty quick.

Due to the screening process investigators do not believe a device made it into the jail area however they are worried about the public access area and surrounding perimeter.

The jail currently has 1600 inmates.

We will continue to update this story as it develops
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2011, 12:57:50 pm »

I wasn't really sure what to do here so...future Brady development?

As in they might build a new or different jail?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:20 pm »

As in they might build a new or different jail?

Well if it'd have to be another jail at least make it deco?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2011, 04:36:32 pm »

Well if it'd have to be another jail at least make it deco?

Aaaabsolutely!  Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2011, 07:18:25 am »

More info on the Griffin Communications site:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=52&articleid=20110910_52_E6_Griffi280427

Griffin eyes new building
Preliminary plans are to headquarter its TV operations in the Brady District.
By KYLE ARNOLD World Staff Writer
Published: 9/10/2011  1:56 AM
Last Modified: 9/10/2011  6:04 AM

Griffin Communications is drawing plans to build an $11.8 million headquarters in the Brady District where the company's two local television stations would be based.

However, Griffin Communications President and CEO David Griffin said the company is moving cautiously on the project and that he is not 100 percent certain if or when construction will start.

Griffin Communications owns CBS affiliate KOTV and CW affiliate KQCW along with the related websites.

The plan comes four years after the Oklahoma City-based company announced, then canceled, plans to build a $25 million facility in Tulsa. David Griffin said the recession forced the company to scrap its plans at the time, but the desire for a new facility remained alive.

The new headquarters, according to a building permit filed with the city of Tulsa, would be located at 303 N. Boston Ave. and encompass about 60,000 square feet.

It would bring Griffin Communications' entities in Tulsa under one roof. They currently are housed in three buildings across the metro area.

David Griffin declined to provide details on the new facility, saying the project is still uncertain. However, he said he hopes to have more specific information in the coming weeks.

Griffin Communications also owns CBS affiliate KWTV in Oklahoma City.

Sounds like the new proposal is smaller than originally intended, by approx $14M.  There's a lot of hesitance projected in the article, but I wonder why it wouldn't go forward at this point?  I mean, you build a high-profile helipad and then . . . what, leave it in the middle of an empty city block? I'm betting the deal's a go. 

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2011, 02:10:45 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/15605849/griffin-communications-to-buil

TULSA, Oklahoma -- David Griffin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the News On 6's parent company Griffin Communications announced today that construction will begin Tuesday on a new state-of-the-art media center in Tulsa.

The new facility in Tulsa's Brady District is scheduled for completion in late 2012.

In making today's announcement, Mr. Griffin says the building represents a significant milestone for Griffin Communications and reinforces the company's deep commitment to Tulsa and Green Country.

The 57,000-square-foot facility will occupy three acres in the Brady District. Mr. Griffin emphasized the company's pride in remaining in the heart of the community it serves.

Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

Glad to see the KOTV project finally moving forward.

Looks fantastic.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2011, 02:36:18 pm »

It was nice of George Keiser to make such a nice front yard for them.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »

Glad to see this finally confirmed. Nice renderings, although I would have liked for it to have been pushed out to the street. I know I say it all the time, but the Brady District is just booming.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org