A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:19:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 292711 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2011, 01:07:57 pm »

With today's strong south wind, I'd have a chance.

That's really all you can ask for.

Youtube it.  No frontals please.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2011, 01:27:24 pm »

I don't mean to interrupt this architecture/engineering discussion, but I thought you guys might be interested in this...

I was up on the roof of the tower again today.   Here's a bird's eye view of the Brady District and all of the great work currently going on:

Those pictures are amazing. It'll be cool if we can see the Hardesty Arts Center, Brady Flats, Fairfield, and eventually the OK Pop museum from the same angle.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #182 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:00 pm »

Thanks, all. That's what i thought it was.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:16 pm »

Those pictures are amazing. It'll be cool if we can see the Hardesty Arts Center, Brady Flats, Fairfield, and eventually the OK Pop museum from the same angle.

Yes, four of those big empty lots are spoken for. Very cool. Now if the spots accross the street from Cains could see some action.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:30 pm »

Yes, four of those big empty lots are spoken for. Very cool. Now if the spots accross the street from Cains could see some action.

That'll never happen with the new Juvie facility going in  Cool

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rdj
City Father

« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2011, 05:06:59 pm »

That'll never happen with the new Juvie facility going in  Cool

Yes!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2011, 05:10:24 pm »

I never said the Tribune couldn't withstand wind.  I also never said it wasn't a great project.   I only commented that I wished it was red iron because of sound proofing.  I love the project.  I'm glad it's going in.  The more people living closer to those of us in North Tulsa the better!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:52:21 am by rdj » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2011, 05:40:30 pm »

What!!!??? Downtown is in north Tulsa?Huh?
Well cancel my tickets to the BOK and the reservations at the restaurant. There's too much of a chance that I'll get mugged or shot. [shudder]

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2011, 11:04:05 am »

I've been thinking about the new Brafy Park, and how it could potentially effect development around it. Theoretically, it is in the perfect location. Smack dab in the middle of the district. Sadly I question how development will fill in around it. It will have the renovated Matthews Warehouse on the south side, which is great, but how can we get housing and storefronts around it? Griffin is going in to the north, but it will have a huge open lawn, minimizing the effect of the park. I don't see Spaghetti Warehouse giving up their parking lot in the near future, and on the west side is a large warehouse. I think that would be the best chance for someone to come in and develop, along with the NE NW corner. But how willing would the owner be to sell these, or would he/she jack up
the price because of park frontage? I'm just worried that for several years we won't have much development around what will be an amazing park.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:48:05 am by ZYX » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2011, 11:08:10 am »

I don't see Spaghetti Warehouse giving up their parking lot in the near future

Maybe if enough of us stand out in the parking lot with signs declaring how bad their food sucks...

rdj
City Father

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2011, 11:10:28 am »

The corner of Brady & Boston is already developed or under developed.  I'm curious to see what happens with Boston & Cameron, park on SE corner, KOTV's helipad on NE, but what will happen with the west side of that intersection?  Also at Cincinnati & Brady, Wallace has a great building on the SE corner, Matthews is on SW, Park is NW, what will happen to the surface lot on NE corner?

rdj
City Father

« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2011, 11:10:55 am »

Maybe if enough of us stand out in the parking lot with signs declaring how bad their food sucks...

They recently laid multiple off so many people may be coming to that conclusion.

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2011, 11:50:47 am »

They recently laid multiple off so many people may be coming to that conclusion.

Fine by me. I can think of many better things to go there..
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:09 pm »

KOTV's helipad on NE

I was recently told it's going to be more than just the helipad.

I believe the plan is to build the helipad and hanger for the chopper, then the transmission tower, then the main headquarters/broadcasting facility.

I think the plan is to have everything done by 2013.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:58 pm »

I was recently told it's going to be more than just the helipad.

I believe the plan is to build the helipad and hanger for the chopper, then the transmission tower, then the main headquarters/broadcasting facility.

I think the plan is to have everything done by 2013.

That's what I've heard too.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org