A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:29:20 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady District  (Read 290426 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:02 am »

The PPG Industries building is being converted into condos, with restaurant and grocery space to boot.

"The old PPG Industries building in Tulsa's Brady District is being revitalized. It sits directly across the street just south of ONEOK Field, at North Detroit and Archer.

I can't figure this out. Detroit and Archer is not "directly accross the street just south of ONEOK Field"
ONEOK is at Archer and Elgin and just south is a metal structure...which building is it that the Snyder's working on?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 12:44:05 pm »

Three story building in the bottom left-hand corner of the webcam:
http://oxblue.com/pro/open/oneok/oneokfield
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:05 am »

I bumped this thread because I was in the Brady district yesterday and I was excited by how many projects are either under way or kicking off.

Now Open: Hey Mambo and Brady Tavern
Completed: Ball park and JHF Park

Underway: Mathews Arts Building and Brady Park, Detroit Lofts

Beginning: Tribune Lofts expansion and Main St Hotel

Funded and in design: Boulder Bridge

Any idea when the street scaping projects will begin? This area should be dramatically different in three years.

EDITED TO ADD Detroit Lofts
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »

I bumped this thread because I was in the Brady district yesterday and I was excited by how many projects are either under way or kicking off.

Now Open: Hey Mambo and Brady Tavern
Completed: Ball park and JHF Park

Underway: Mathews Arts Building and Brady Park, Detroit Lofts

Beginning: Tribune Lofts expansion and Main St Hotel

Funded and in design: Boulder Bridge

Any idea when the street scaping projects will begin? This area should be dramatically different in three years.

EDITED TO ADD Detroit Lofts

Where have you seen that Tribune Loft expansion is beginning?  Seems every six months or so we're told that its just around the corner.  Sort of like First Street lofts, though I've given up all hope on that one.  Same with Boulder bridge.  I thought I read that there was no plans to rebuild it.

The hotel is clearly beginning because it has been fenced off and there is a construction trailer.  The Mathews warehouse is exciting, but it looks like only the east third of the building is starting this month.  I love what's going on, but just so darn slow.

On another note, the KOTV studio's sign is still up for construction north of the Mathews warehouse and the park.  I thought I read that KOTV had consolidated and is being run out of OKC.  Is there still a plan to build the KOTV studio?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

A local business owner confirmed that the T loft expansion was starting when I asked about the construction fence that was erected in the parking lot (and all of the cars are gone).
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:48 pm »

On another note, the KOTV studio's sign is still up for construction north of the Mathews warehouse and the park.  I thought I read that KOTV had consolidated and is being run out of OKC.  Is there still a plan to build the KOTV studio?

They essentially de-localized KOTV as a Tulsa station with their "Oklahoma's Own" trademark (re-enforcing the appearance they are just a local bureau of an OKC operation), so if anything ever is built at that site, it will be significantly downscaled from the original plans.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 02:20:25 pm »

The M.e.t. has just leased some warehouse space in the Brady district. We are losing our Blue Dome warehouse and are very excited to be able to find suitable space in the Brady area.

Our new space is on the corner of Cameron and Boulder behind the 209 club and directly west of the Hunt Club. We will be moving in over the next couple of months.

Power is nothing till you use it.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 03:17:56 pm »

The M.e.t. has just leased some warehouse space in the Brady district. We are losing our Blue Dome warehouse and are very excited to be able to find suitable space in the Brady area.

Our new space is on the corner of Cameron and Boulder behind the 209 club and directly west of the Hunt Club. We will be moving in over the next couple of months.

Haha...I worked in that warehouse one summer back in high school. It was a mess and I helped organize it for Williams. They told us it used to be the morgue not sure if that was true.

tulsamatt
Activist

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 03:32:58 pm »

I heard over the weekend that the KOTV/Griffin building is back on track... Scheduled completion is Spring 2013..

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »

I heard over the weekend that the KOTV/Griffin building is back on track... Scheduled completion is Spring 2013..

Interesting.  That would leave a prime redevelopment opportunity at the KOTV studios at 3rd & Elgin.

Does KOTV have any kind of presence in the brick building at 3rd & Detroit?  The windows are plastered with "Six in the Morning" posters.  That is a really cool building that kinda sits alone, I figured if KOTV wasn't going to build a huge new media center in Brady they could occupy that building (if they didn't already) and if they needed to expand there is a small adjacent parking lot to the east.

I am most excited about the Matthews/Living Arts project.  I think it will all get built as planned, it will just take a couple of years longer than we all want.  It is one of the more exciting urban projects in Tulsa, that and the development around the BOK Center (Aloft Hotel and One Place/Cimarex Tower).

tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 04:05:34 pm »

I've always like the Brady area, and I thought it had sort of stalled when the Blue Dome started growing, but it's good to see they both are growing. I've been going to the Brady area, even working there for a bit for 10 years, and I love the old city feel.

If that public square does indeed happen, it will be a huge complement to the area. People love open green spaces, and inviting public squares tend to keep more undesirable elements away.

@Michael: If you are moving out of the building on 1st, then do you know what will become of that space. I see it as prime real estate for another dining and/or drinking and/or retail establishment.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 04:12:37 pm »

I've always like the Brady area, and I thought it had sort of stalled when the Blue Dome started growing, but it's good to see they both are growing. I've been going to the Brady area, even working there for a bit for 10 years, and I love the old city feel.

4 places in Brady were open for Brunch last Sunday...and I saw people in them.

-Edited to say I didn't mean Mexicali.  That place had a number of cars out front as well.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:48 pm »

@Michael: If you are moving out of the building on 1st, then do you know what will become of that space. I see it as prime real estate for another dining and/or drinking and/or retail establishment.

Yes. I am moving out of the space on 1st and Detroit in the Blue Dome. Yes, there are plans to convert it into another dining spot. It is too early to say who. It won't happen for a few months.

Power is nothing till you use it.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:36 am »

I posted it in the other thread, but it's relevant to this thread too.  From my office I can see that they are tearing up the parking lot next to the Tribune Lofts.  Is the expansion project finally underway?  Or is this something unrelated?  I'm also starting to think the fenced off lot and construction trailer accross the street where the hotel will eventually be might be related to the Tribune project and not the hotel project.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2011, 02:00:28 am »

Quote from: tulsascoot on January 11, 2011, 04:05:34 pm

Yes. I am moving out of the space on 1st and Detroit in the Blue Dome. Yes, there are plans to convert it into another dining spot. It is too early to say who. It won't happen for a few months.

Seems like a good spot for a third new BBQ place in the Blue Dome District. If that goes well, perhaps a fourth will join us.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org