A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:39:20 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riverwalk Crossing  (Read 15602 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

That begs a question: I was born in 1965, so I'm not a boomer and I've never heard of my ilk referred to as gen-x either. What am I?

13th generation.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 11:01:32 am »

That begs a question: I was born in 1965, so I'm not a boomer and I've never heard of my ilk referred to as gen-x either. What am I?

A "tweener".
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:03 am »

according to the Strauss-Howe generational theory, you are a 13th generation (aka generation x):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss-Howe_generational_theory#Generational_archetypes_and_Turnings

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

according to the Strauss-Howe generational theory, you are a 13th generation (aka generation x):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss-Howe_generational_theory#Generational_archetypes_and_Turnings

B...bu...but, I was never a fan of Lilith Fair and never went to Lollapalooza

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 12:24:10 pm »

B...bu...but, I was never a fan of Lilith Fair and never went to Lollapalooza

perry farrell was born in 1959 and sara mclachlan in 1968.  i don't know if that really means anything, i just thought i would post it.  though perry farrell is actually a boomer, i guess it shows that the early gen-xers were performing at lilith fair and lollapalooza.  trent reznor was born in 1965.

There is an ancient Celtic axiom that says 'Good people drink good beer.' Which is true, then as now. Just look around you in any public barroom and you will quickly see: bad people drink bad beer. Think about it. - Hunter S. Thompson
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »

I was born in 1964 and feel no generational connection to Boomers or Gen Xers, although I did attend Lollapalooze in 1995.  Hence, "Tweener."
dioscorides
Civic Leader

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

I was born in 1964 and feel no generational connection to Boomers or Gen Xers, although I did attend Lollapalooze in 1995.  Hence, "Tweener."

i went to lollapalooza in 1996 (the heavy metal one).  it was the only time i got to see the ramones and soundgarden and was a week before my wedding.  i got a horrible sunburn that was still visible in my wedding pictures.  i was supposed to go in 1997 in dallas, but got irritated with my travel mates and jumped ship in norman.  ahhh, memories.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

I see JG got his new financing. Looks weird to me. $43 million on less than 300,000 sq. ft.?
I wonder who did the appraisal work. But I really wonder about the lender.....

You got that right! Wink

Write it down....and it's still overpriced. Jinx.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org