A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:18:16 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: August: Osage County  (Read 3202 times)
OurTulsa
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:41:32 pm »

A friend of mine just went and came out blown away!  Says it was one of the better stories he's seen in a long time.  Ran out of breath laughing.

I've got my tickets for tomorrow (go figure - weather). 

He is encouraging everyone to get out and see this award winning broadway play written by a native Tulsan so here's my plug.

Here's the write up in today's World: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=370&articleid=20100127_272_D1_Barbar316997

Though most on here know it, Get tickets here: www.tulsapac.org

The limited engagement only runs through this Sunday then they're off back to Chicago where this began.
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:02:09 pm »

A friend of mine just went and came out blown away!  Says it was one of the better stories he's seen in a long time.  Ran out of breath laughing.

I've got my tickets for tomorrow (go figure - weather). 

He is encouraging everyone to get out and see this award winning broadway play written by a native Tulsan so here's my plug.

Here's the write up in today's World: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=370&articleid=20100127_272_D1_Barbar316997

Though most on here know it, Get tickets here: www.tulsapac.org

The limited engagement only runs through this Sunday then they're off back to Chicago where this began.

Saw it in Phoenix, and really liked it. It honestly could be about 45 minutes shorter, but it was a great show. Great writing, great acting.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:11:14 am »

I heard it was really good.....How did the geriatric section take to all the profanity.....

OurTulsa
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:52:32 pm »

I went and it was quite the story.  It was funny as much as it was a sad commentary on many a rural homes (maybe I shouldn't qualify homes as rural).  Big sis' mouth was pretty foul.  Mom Weston was superb (as an actress).  If the show makes its way back to B'way in NYC or the Steppenwolf in Chicago I would highly recommend you see it if you're there.  I could see it adapted to the big screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org