A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:50:52 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boarding up the old YMCA  (Read 1865 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: February 13, 2010, 01:58:16 pm »

Workers are out today boarding up the first floor windows at the old YMCA on Denver. They already affixed a giant 'for sale' sign to the first floor wall a few months ago. That place is really looking blighted.

I was happy that the magnet for sketchy characters loitering outside 24/7 was finally gone, but the boarding up of the windows is counteracting that.

Are there any plans for the YMCA? Haven't heard anything, so I assume it'll be the usual: sit there and be neglected for years until there's no other option but demolition.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:03:27 pm »

I wonder how much they want for it?

It would be a great location for the world headquarters of TulsaNow.

Power is nothing till you use it.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

New location for Tulsa School of Arts & Sciences (TSAS).  They are currently leasing space in an office building near 51st & Yale.  There is plenty of space for classrooms, faculty offices, and the existing athletic facilities, and parking in the lot along Cheyenne.  

Dallas has a downtown arts high school that has been really successful and made the area around it more vibrant:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:30:59 pm by SXSW » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »

I think the Hartford building across the big lot from Joe Momma's would be a great building for a high school. It is in a more vibrant part of downtown and would fit nicely with all the entertainment options coming to the Blue Dome district.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org