A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:47:05 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open house discussion re: draft comp plan  (Read 4559 times)
OurTulsa
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »

The PlaniTulsa website provides that there will be an open house on January 19th at 6pm at Central Center at Centennial Park at 6th/Madison Av. to discuss the draft Comp Plan.

I'm sure I'll post this and turn around and find it already on this web somewhere (the calendar?) and feel stupid but here goes...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:06 am »

Thanks for the heads up.  Smiley

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 02:55:29 pm »

Don't forget - The PLANiTULSA public forum is Tues, Jan 19th at "The Boathouse" (Central Center at Centennial Park) at 6th and Norfolk.  6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

If you would like to get "up to speed" on the plan, and be able to offer input, this is your chance.  John Fregonese will give a presentation explaining the basics of the plan.  Audience members will use electronic "clickers" to give feedback and evaluate key concepts.  

If I'm understanding correctly, the idea is to use these "flash surveys" as another way to "check in" with the citizens of Tulsa.  This will help verify that the plan represents what the public wants, and it will help identify any major issues or concerns that haven't already been addressed.

Even if you've attended other PLANiTULSA events in the past, don't miss this one.  Stay informed.  Stay involved.  Show your support for PLANiTULSA to the new admistration.  Come to the public forum and be a part of Tulsa's future.
swampee
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 03:01:55 pm »

I went to some of the earlier workshops and I would really like to attend but I have a 1 year old to tag along. How formal is this going to be?

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03:27:49 pm »

I think you should bring your child and come.  This is about Tulsa's future, so folks with kids need to be involved.

The meeting will be in the big room at the "Central Center at Centennial Park" (aka, the Boathouse), so if your kid gets antsy, you could always step outside and walk around.
swampee
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:56:07 am »

I went last night till about 7:15 until my son had enough. It was a nice event and I heard many comments about how they had a great turnout. I really thought for a city this size there would be a ton more people. Im very encouraged by the ideas and the direction the vision wants to take us. My big problem is the whole time Im wondering if anything is going to come of this. I really hope it does because this is the vision of the citizens.

TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 09:52:10 am »

I wished I could come, but I'm still getting over a week-long illness. Bleh!

---Robert
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:06:10 pm »

Great turnout.  Standing room only, with about 185 folks in attendence.  If I remember correctly, about 2/3 of the audience had attended at least one PLANiTULSA event, but 1/3 of the audience said this was their first time attending a PLANiTULSA event.  This is great!

It appeared to be a pretty diverse crowd (not just racially, but also a wide range of ages) with good representation from all over town.  (Of course, there were a lot of self-described "mid-towners"...which doesn't mean much, since every person you ask has a different definition of what midtown is...)

I was encouraged to see that audience responses to various questions indicated that the plan is on target for what Tulsans want.  The responses were also pretty consistent with the original scientific surveys conducted by Collective Strength a couple years ago.

Using "flash surveys" was a terrific way to keep the audience engaged and enthusiastic throughout the night.  People were excited to vote and then see the results of the entire group appear on screen.  You could immediately see if you were in the majority or minority with your opinions.  Or you could tell if there was general support for a given idea or not.  Very fun to be a part of it.  And cool to see just how "tuned in" PLANiTULSA is--how much it reflects what Tulsa citizens want for their future.

Great job!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:38:24 pm by PonderInc » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org