A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:14:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "We're Sorry" Not Working  (Read 11241 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:23 am »

Operation “We’re Sorry” has failed.

President Obama is now stationing ships in the gulf and deploying 4 large ground based patriot missile batteries across the Mideast. Iran is promising a “devastating blow” on February 11th. 

We’ve allowed Iran to run thousands of continuous centrifuges for 13 months now in defiance of the IAEA and UN.  We should have taken out the facility.  We know they have at least 3,000 centrifuges and as many as 6,000 running in the facility at Natanz. 

I guess we are now reactive rather than proactive. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:50 am »

You have no idea what's going on.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 02:55:33 pm »

Crap!
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0120076120100201

rwarn17588
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

Operation “We’re Sorry” has failed.

President Obama is now stationing ships in the gulf and deploying 4 large ground based patriot missile batteries across the Mideast. Iran is promising a “devastating blow” on February 11th. 

Feb. 11 also is the date that big opposition protests are scheduled in Iran. Sounds like the government there is trying its best to provide distractions from its own internal troubles.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »

Hmmm, wonder if the Obama Admin is going to fall easy prey to bogus intel also  Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:41:58 pm »

If we are forced to take action, can we call it “HOPE & CHANGE” instead of “SHOCK & AWE?”

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 02:44:26 pm »

Oh good. 

More from Iran today.

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran is set to deliver a "punch" that will stun world powers during this week's 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.
"The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 03:08:31 pm »

Oh good. 

More from Iran today.

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran is set to deliver a "punch" that will stun world powers during this week's 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.
"The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel.

This will be President Bush's fault, just wait.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:11 pm »

This will be President Bush's fault, just wait.

The first President Bush.

Power is nothing till you use it.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:40 pm »

Color me skeptical. 

There's no good reason for the supreme leader of a small theocracy in the middle east to telegraph an attack of any sort against the most powerful country in the world.  They're guaranteed the harshest possible response.  We'd crush them immediately.  There's just no way around it.  They know that, and we know that. They'd also finally lose whatever shreds of goodwill they've been able to amass internationally, too. 

Think of it this way:  9/11 -- the most successful attack on American soil in modern times -- was perpetrated by nonstate actors.  And we found a culpable state to invade ASAP.  In fact, we invaded two.

If something comparable should ever happen in the US again, this time sponsored by a state actor, it's a foregone conclusion that we'd knock that state out immediately. 

On the other hand, we can think we have better intelligence about Iran than the president does, prejudge his perceived lack of action as weakness or fecklessness, and buttress our own preconceived notions about how spineless Democrats are as a species.  That's always another option. 
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 04:35:59 pm »

I thought 911 was caused by George Bush?

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »

I thought 911 was caused by George Bush?

Perhaps you're confusing me with the 'Generic Liberal #1' that figures so strongly in so many of the rightie blogs out there. 

I've never said 9/11 was caused by George Bush.  His negligence didn't help, certainly, but he didn't cause it.
USRufnex
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »

Yeah, I didn't say that either..... must be another one of those "liberal mantra" doo-hickeys...  

I personally believe 9/11 was an inside job done by a buncha wealthy patricians who are actually aliens from another planet.... outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us, from birth to death, are our owners!... our owners, they have us...... they control us!... they are our masters!.... Wake up! They're all about you! All around you!..... we could be pets, we could be food...... but all we really are is livestock.

/snark
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:40:57 pm by USRufnex » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 06:06:15 pm »

Perhaps you're confusing me with the 'Generic Liberal #1' that figures so strongly in so many of the rightie blogs out there. 

I've never said 9/11 was caused by George Bush.  His negligence didn't help, certainly, but he didn't cause it.

My opinion is that 9/11 was caused by Bush I, Clinton, and Bush Jr's apathy towards the rise in terrorism.  Clinton started to worry about it more after the Cole bombing, but that was so late in his term that it really didn't amount to a popcorn fart as far as concern goes.  All three, IMO, share the blame.  I'm not going to say equally, because history will sort that out.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 06:34:21 pm »

I blame the terrorists.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org