A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:52:40 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Go video, if you've not seen it, it's worth a look.  (Read 4478 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: January 21, 2010, 03:05:10 pm »

OK Go has become famous for their single-shot videos, and their treadmill video for ‘Here It Goes Again’ has almost 50 million views on youtube, making it one of the most popular videos ever.  Needless to say, following something so famous was gonna be hard. The most obvious way would be to dress like a high school marching band in a field and have the wind and horn section in sniper camouflage. And so that’s what they did. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it

A quote from WWTDD.com

http://vimeo.com/8718627
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 03:16:19 pm »

Having played marching bells and marching xylophone, I was impressed to see him go down to his knees so smoothly. Last time I went down to my knees with a xylophone strapped to my body, it was because I was falling down the stairs outside of East Central.

---Robert
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:16:32 pm »

Having played marching bells and marching xylophone, I was impressed to see him go down to his knees so smoothly. Last time I went down to my knees with a xylophone strapped to my body, it was because I was falling down the stairs outside of East Central.

I went to that school...I hate to think which stairs you're talking about.  Was it the 2nd floor east exit? (Granted I went there from 82-85, so not sure when you went).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:50:56 pm »

I went to that school...I hate to think which stairs you're talking about.  Was it the 2nd floor east exit? (Granted I went there from 82-85, so not sure when you went).

I went from 98-02. I believe that we are thinking of the same stairs. From the main hall, going out toward where the stadium is. The stairs overlooked a small courtyard with some tables for students to eat lunch outside.

---Robert
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 08:04:19 am »

Love this video. I appreciate OK Go for their creativity. They definitely know how to make watching music videos fun.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »

Such children, I graduated from East Central in 1970.............. only went there my senior year.   Was at McLain my sophomore and Junior years. 

I would get the floors mixed up.  I once thought I was on the 5th floor for a class.   Class started and I realized I was in the wrong class.  I was on the 4th floor.   Oooops...............  Roll Eyes

Trust but verify
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:18:49 am »

Such children, I graduated from East Central in 1970.............. only went there my senior year.   Was at McLain my sophomore and Junior years. 

I would get the floors mixed up.  I once thought I was on the 5th floor for a class.   Class started and I realized I was in the wrong class.  I was on the 4th floor.   Oooops...............  Roll Eyes

With no windows in it the place felt like a prison.  It wasn't helped by the fact that when freshmen started going to the high schools (1984 I think) the school's attendance jumped to about 2100.  I remember the east wing of floor 2 (which was actually the ground floor).  I had junior A & M History and Senior english in that wing.  It was weird.  A hall in a circle with rooms on either side of the hall, then the stairway on the east side of the wing leading out to the field (back then the stadium didn't exist; the school had a HUGE parking lot on the east side of it).  Then the industrial wing (west).  Electrical, shop, drafting was over there.  I remember Driver Ed being in the basement (floor 1) underneath that east second floor wing, but you accessed it by going out the east stairs, walking south along the building until you got to the end, then turning west and taking a door that led to a half-flight of stairs down.  The phys ed offices were down there also.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 01:50:35 pm »

Such children, I graduated from East Central in 1970.............. only went there my senior year. 

You actually remember High School?  Such a kid..... Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org