A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:10:52 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another "Oklahoma's Number One" Thread--Deficit  (Read 16806 times)
buckeye
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 11:24:10 am »

The best things we have are inversely proportional to the "conservatism" of this state.  The worst things, directly proportional.  Gee, imagine how great it would be if there were MORE conservatism here.  As if that could happen.
In this corner, we have causation; in THIS corner, we have coincidence.  FIGHT!

And where'd all those statistics come from, got a source?  What's their methodology?  Where's the data?  Are things quantified the same way from state to state?  Is it possible the study is significantly influenced by some kind of bias or agenda?  Do you ask these kinds of questions or just jump all over anything that resembles evidence for your prejudices?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 02:53:49 pm »

I'd lot rather be like California.  All those problems you mentioned would be solved.
They'd be better. And being Oklahoma, we probably wouldn't have voted ourselves so much punch and pie that we'd be insolvent.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 06:37:44 pm »

They'd be better. And being Oklahoma, we probably wouldn't have voted ourselves so much punch and pie that we'd be insolvent.

I wouldn't count on it, either statement.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 07:05:11 pm »

Buckeye,
Most of it came from the US census bureau.  There were a couple that came from elsewhere, and I forgot where, but could find them if you are truly interested.  Google is your Friend!!

I didn't really pose a question this time.  I guess I am getting conditioned to the fact that there won't be a direct answer from many here.

I have lots of questions.  Here is an example (answer optional). 

We hear so much about family values from people like Sarah Palin.  She seems to be the latest torch bearer.  I submit she has NO real control over her daughter's action, so I have no quarrel with the out of wedlock baby.  This is one of the most natural things in the world.  Unfortunately.

But here we are a year after the fact and there is a true battle going on for custody.  The Palin family - and it is not immediately obvious who has the most control of this - is 'allowing' the father visitation ONLY on Saturday's from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.  Based on her apparent public attitude about this father, I could see Sarah going to great lengths to prevent him from seeing his baby.

The question is HOW can she (or any of the RWRE minions) reconcile their publicly stated positions about "Family" and this same family, whether Sarah or her daughter, with the very obvious restrictions designed to limit Daddy's access to Baby??

That's more like the Addams Family Values.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
FOTD
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 08:45:30 pm »

Snap. FOTD can't get up the desire to point out her flaws any longer. It's really ugly undressed as %85 of the country well knows.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org