A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:57:57 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar  (Read 24206 times)
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 09:50:09 am »

Avatar is great.  I went to see it on the IMAX in 3D.  Go see it at the IMAX if you can.  A lady nearby me said she did not want to leave when it was over because she wanted to stay in that virtual world a little longer.  I like that Avatar pulls you into the movie and makes it an experience rather than just watching a movie.  Peter Jackson and others have looked into using similar cameras and effects from Avatar for upcoming movie projects.  I like the story for Avatar but I can see several hidden (or not so hidden) themes in the story which I found interesting.
rwarn17588
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 10:05:11 am »

Avatar is great.  I went to see it on the IMAX in 3D.  Go see it at the IMAX if you can.  A lady nearby me said she did not want to leave when it was over because she wanted to stay in that virtual world a little longer.  I like that Avatar pulls you into the movie and makes it an experience rather than just watching a movie.  Peter Jackson and others have looked into using similar cameras and effects from Avatar for upcoming movie projects.  I like the story for Avatar but I can see several hidden (or not so hidden) themes in the story which I found interesting.

I haven't seen it. But in the trailer and plot summary, I spotted quickly how it matches the United States' tainted and shameful history with the American Indians.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 10:11:33 am »

Worse than "Dune"?

Worse than "Exorcist II"?

Worse than "Plan 9 from Outer Space"?

If you're serious, that's serious scaling the heights/depths of badness there.

If you think these are examples of the worst movies ever, we need to have a talk.

Cannibal the Musical
Battlefield Earth
Queer Duck
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 10:24:21 am »

I just want to jump in and say. The first time I saw Napoleon, I too was prone to say, what the whoop.
As I did with the first Austin Powers "Baby"
But two,three and now many times later I love both.
You think I got these opinions. By dressing like Peter Pan right here ? Forget about it !
They and many more are definitely a acquired taste. But hey I like Naked Gun and many Monty Python movies. Thats how I roll.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 10:39:33 am »

Dune is a classic.

The new miniseries is probably better overall.

But, Napoleon Dynamite, you didn't like it?  Probably because you weren't the target audience.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:28 am »

Dune is a classic.

The new miniseries is probably better overall.

But, Napoleon Dynamite, you didn't like it?  Probably because you weren't the target audience.

What?  Pre-teens with a sub 80 IQ?  Count me NOT in that demographic...  Cool

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 02:00:25 pm »

I just want to jump in and say. The first time I saw Napoleon, I too was prone to say, what the whoop.
As I did with the first Austin Powers "Baby"
But two,three and now many times later I love both.
You think I got these opinions. By dressing like Peter Pan right here ? Forget about it !
They and many more are definitely a acquired taste. But hey I like Naked Gun and many Monty Python movies. Thats how I roll.

Then I'm sure you jumped on this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=xs_gbtb_dd

Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus for $35
buckeye
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 10:34:58 am »

Ferngully meets Dances With Wolves.

There, you know the whole story, now go see it for the 3D and CGI, both of which really are breathtaking.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 11:52:09 am »

We went New Year's day.  It definitely lived up to the hype and I came away impressed even though it's not a typical movie genre I enjoy.  It took 45 minutes to an  hour to get my stomach to completely settle down and a little eye/brain adjustment upon leaving the theater for a few minutes. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 02:16:00 pm »

Saw it in 2-D this weekend, gonna go back and see it in 3-D. Plotline is kinda basic, but there were some unpredictable stops along the way and the look and overall adventure makes it worth it.

P.S. Went to AMC Theaters for the first time in a long time. Place was complete trash, likely never going back. Standing water in the bathroom, half the fixtures broken, theater was not cleaned and disgusting.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 02:24:27 pm »

Saw it in 2-D this weekend, gonna go back and see it in 3-D. Plotline is kinda basic, but there were some unpredictable stops along the way and the look and overall adventure makes it worth it.

P.S. Went to AMC Theaters for the first time in a long time. Place was complete trash, likely never going back. Standing water in the bathroom, half the fixtures broken, theater was not cleaned and disgusting.

Let corporate know about it.  I'd rather all our theaters were in better shape too.

http://www.amcentertainment.com/contact/feedback.aspx?t=theatre

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 03:57:45 pm »

Awesome. I have an AMC gift card.  Undecided
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 07:09:04 am »

Awesome. I have an AMC gift card.  Undecided

Now that you mention it, I think I do too.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:37 am »

Let corporate know about it.  I'd rather all our theaters were in better shape too.

http://www.amcentertainment.com/contact/feedback.aspx?t=theatre

Done.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

I went to AMC recently to see the Boondock Saints 2 because it was the only theater in NE Oklahoma showing it.  It was so horrible and the theater smelled bad.  I also left a comment on their site.

In Avatar news, people are now having depression from watching Avatar:  http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org