A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:42:43 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Florence Park open?  (Read 3401 times)
thefaustfive
« on: March 26, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »

It's quite aggravating to see the fence up and all the equipment gone.  What are they waiting for?  My kids are getting anxious to play!

Anyone know anything?
LizaQ
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:14:18 am »

I am not sure. But I am curious if they will be refinishing the tennis courts as well. Someone told me that was part of the renovations but I have not seen any movement on that. Anyone know?
Ihearttacos
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 12:49:56 pm »

I would assume they have yet to have the playground inspected or the project signed off on, until then they will keep people from using or damaging the new equipment.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »

Darlington Park's equipment overhaul is finished and it's open if you are looking for a substitute just a short drive away at 28th & Darlington.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/problem_solvers/residents-wonder-why-newly-rebuilt-city-park-isn%27t-open

TULSA - The city recently demolished an old park in the Florence Park neighborhood, and rebuilt what some neighbors call a beautiful playground.

Now, some want to know why they're being kept out of the new park.

We heard from a concerned citizen who lives in the Florence Park neighborhood.

Lenissa says their kids are anxious to play in the new park.

"For the past month or two," she says, "a fence has been up to keep people out, but all the work seems to be complete. I have tried endlessly to find out when it will open by contacting the city of Tulsa and cannot get an answer."

We got in touch with the parks department, and this is what we found out.

A spokesperson says an inspection turned up some corrections that need to be made before the park can be opened.

One of the bigger corrections entails the complete removal and replacement of the rubber safety surfacing under some of the playground equipment, which was not installed correctly.

And at this point, the parks department says they haven't been given a date, as to when the contractor will have the work completed.

So even the parks department doesn't know when it will open.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:01 pm »

They should have let Jerry Murphy build and run the playground.  They'd be up and running already instead of correcting safety issues like other contractors are required to do.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:33 am »

LOL, wonder when the parks department's mom will get mad and run for county commissioner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org