A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:03:13 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1955 Home Show Photos  (Read 7149 times)
buckeye
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 01:10:18 pm »

This is the kind of thing that makes me cringe when I hear people say something like, "...then I took those old boring wood cabinets and replaced/painted them.  The pergo floor matches the new cabinets GREAT!"
BeachBum
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 02:54:29 pm »

What I think is cool is that the Greater Tulsa Home & Garden Show is still around after all these years.  There are other competing shows, but the big one, put on by the Home Builders Association, is one of the oldest in the country . . . and the biggest home show run entirely by volunteers.  I'm looking forward to it again next March.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 07:21:40 pm »

True, but back in the day, people did not accumulate so much useless "stuff."  I have heard some of my fellow Lortondale residents complain about "no attic, no basement, no storage" and if they are lucky enough to still have a 1-2 car garage, it is usually jam-packed with so much crap they couldn't get a car in there to save their life.  These folks need to learn to simplify and get rid of all the unnecessary, useless "stuff" that just takes up space.

Hahaha, I wish you could have been there when we cleaned out my grandma's house by 15th/Utica  So.Much.Crap.  Two dumpsters, my friend.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org