A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:34:47 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're GAY?!  (Read 18529 times)
rwarn17588
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 10:20:06 pm »

*ahem* The only thing you left out was a Yorkshire Terrier and Marshall's Beer reference.  It's okay though, I'm perfectly content with my flaming heterosexuality.

The "flaming" heterosexuality you flaunt while you're wearing those purty bicycle shorts.  Wink
azbadpuppy
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:43:37 am »

Okay, now that I have your attention, again, I want to bring up a topic of discussion that has been on my mind for a while. It's in regards to the gay population in Tulsa. I have heard for YEARS that Tulsa has one of the highest per capita gay population in the nation (even saying that it is THIRD). I've heard it, but I've never seen the proof. I've looked and looked and looked, but there is no statistical analysis, that I've come across, that says any such thing. Can someone help?

I always heard the same thing growing up in Tulsa. It's a complete fabrication as far as I can tell, although Tulsa does have a decent size gay population, consisting of a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. However, the local religious and politically fueled intolerance towards gays does not help the image of the city as far as more open minded people are concerned, hence the reason for many local/regional gay people moving on to friendlier pastures. Unfortunately this is exactly what the zealots want.

Contrary to popular belief, Tulsa actually has everything many gay people are looking for, particularly more established gay people: beautiful distinctive architecture, historic upscale neighborhoods, natural beauty, great restaurants, a decent, eclectic bar scene, arts and culture, and the notoriety of being a fairly cosmopolitan, affluent city in an otherwise undistinctive area.

Anyway, I am curious as to why you are interested.

Johnboy976
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 11:39:11 pm »

Simply wanted to know, actually. I feel a need to be educated on the whole matter. Besides, we have to avoid making bogus claims.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org