A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:49:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 32% Tuition Increase at UCLA  (Read 5538 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:21 pm »

Let's just say it's not sitting well with some students:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33UU6MKuWSE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Angry teens are hilarious.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:54:07 pm »

Was that Officer Martin with the OHP practicing his forehand.....

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:40:50 pm »

Forgive me for tossing this in and not being read-up, but, this increase isn't having to do with anything like unto people who made a handful of purchases totaling 5-10 dollars, which purchases over drafted the accounts, and then had the bank(s) in turn charge them 35 dollar fees per transaction, and then charging them 35 dollar fees per fee transaction, until it cascades and and kaleidoscopes into hundreds and thousands of dollars of total fees, for those initial errant transactions, is it?  

Thorns in the side are felt when it is your own side, and when they are in the side of your neighbors, if you ask me.  If people get kooky over money, expecting payment even if it is obtained by hand over fist, or other illegal and immoral methods, then they can keep their filthy lucre-excess: I will not touch it as if it were a menstruous cloth!

Isaiah 30:22
"Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence. (23) Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. (24) The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:50:02 pm by rhymnrzn » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »

Forgive me for tossing this in for not being read-up, but, this increase isn't having to do with anything like unto people who made a handful of purchases totaling 5-10 dollars, which purchases over drafted the accounts, and then had the bank(s) in turn charge them 35 dollar fees per transaction, and then charging them 35 dollar fees per fee transaction, until it cascades and and kaleidoscopes into hundreds and thousands of dollars of total fees, for those initial errant transactions, does it?  Thorns in the side are felt when it is your own side, and when they are in the side of your neighbors, if you ask me.  If people get kooky over money, expecting payment even if it obtained by hand over fist, or other illegal and immoral methods, then they can keep their filthy lucre-excess: I will not touch it as if it were a menstruous cloth!

Isaiah 30:22
"Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence. (23) Then shall he give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal; and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous: in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures. (24) The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan."

Are you related to Shadows by chance

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:58:25 pm »

I am just publishing while it is in me to do so, is that okay breadburner?  I know you don't like it.  I know it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 10:09:51 pm »

I am just publishing while it is in me to do so, is that okay breadburner?  I know you don't like it.  I know it.

It was a simple question....

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 10:15:56 pm »

.....because we have a similar tone? writing errors?  I have no idea who shadows is, but read his posts, some of which are not of my heart.   Good? 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:55:07 pm »

.....because we have a similar tone? writing errors?  I have no idea who shadows is, but read his posts, some of which are not of my heart.   Good? 

Safe to say no one has a 'similar tone' as you do...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 03:35:26 pm »

Bicycle cops are such wussies. Where is Paul Blart when you need him ?
Is it still cheaper than T.U. ?  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org