A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:11:19 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Tulsa to Get Grocery Store  (Read 69537 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2014, 12:44:42 pm »

Goes to prove the human stomach can handle almost anything.

I think some of the McRib is human stomach
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »

Then what is, dare I ask, in a McRib?

I’m pretty sure it’s the same stuff in a shltburger.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2014, 12:58:37 pm »

I’m pretty sure it’s the same stuff in a shltburger.

I believe that is one of the ingredients in the bun.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:44 pm »

I believe that is one of the ingredients in the bun.

Morbid curiosity made me peek.  34 ingredients in a McDonald’s bun?  Really?  You can make a great bun with 6 ingredients or less.  All ingredients without acronyms.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2014, 01:01:35 pm »

Morbid curiosity made me peek.  34 ingredients in a McDonald’s bun?  Really?  You can make a great bun with 6 ingredients or less.  All ingredients without acronyms.

But can your buns stay fresh for 75 years?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2014, 01:06:36 pm »

Rember the old saying, "Making life better through chemistry"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2014, 01:26:41 pm »

But can your buns stay fresh for 75 years?

They have so far for 48 1/2.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2014, 01:28:46 pm »

They have so far for 48 1/2.

I held back the follow up comment.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2014, 01:35:41 pm »

I held back the follow up comment.

Something about stinky cheese?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »

Something about stinky cheese?

Meat in the buns
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2014, 01:37:38 pm »

Meat in the buns

You force me to rip off your image once again

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2014, 01:38:10 pm »

IIRC Arizona does not allow any food that is prepared and sold to be purchased with a SNAP card. You could go to Papa Murphy's and buy a pizza because it's not cooked on premise, but you can't got to Papa John's and buy one. The only work around is if you were to go to Albertson's you can't get a rotisserie chicken in the deli, but you can once they put it in the cold case as a marked down. Same if you went to a convenience store, you can't get the hot dog off the roller, but you can get a cold prepackaged sandwich.

If you walk into an Arizona convenience store with your EBT card, you can purchase whatever you want, as long as the clerk is willing to sell it to you.  Same with underage folks buying beer, the only difference is that there is a much higher chance that you will get caught selling beer to a minor than selling a hot burrito to a mother with her two kids.

It is in the best interest of the police to enforce drug and alcohol laws because their success is measured by their ability to reduce such crime. However, for the USDA/FNS, the more money that flows through the SNAP program, the more money they receive.  For the retailer, accepting SNAP/EBT for unqualified items is as attractive as it is to the USDA/FNS to ignore it.  Both groups benefit.  It falls on law enforcement to catch fraudulent SNAP and EBT transactions through physical stings, and because it is considered a victimless crime, enforcement is not a very high priority.  

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

You force me to rip off your image once again

Love that monkey
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2014, 02:00:21 pm »

Love that monkey

That’s what SHE said!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2014, 02:03:11 pm »

That’s what SHE said!

Just before she took a bite out of it wrapped up in a bun with McRib-wich sauce all over it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org