A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North Tulsa to Get Grocery Store  (Read 69540 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2010, 02:20:08 pm »

The grilled chicken at McDonald's is healthy if you don't take into consideration all the crap they put into it during the processing.

I thought the crap went in the river before the processing?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2014, 09:20:33 am »

They have been pretty much shoplifted out of business, so they are throwing in the towel.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2014, 09:22:30 am »

They have been pretty much shoplifted out of business, so they are throwing in the towel.

Las Americas?  Is that what is still there?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2014, 09:26:02 am »

If you don’t want your community to be under-served, quit stealing from those who try to improve your lot in life.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2014, 11:15:00 am »

Any reaction from Henderson?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2014, 11:37:03 am »

If you don’t want your community to be under-served, quit stealing from those who try to improve your lot in life.

That seems to be a difficult concept for some folks.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2014, 12:08:06 pm »

Any reaction from Henderson?

“Buncha damn racists and racism.  That’s by-golly what this is!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2014, 12:44:47 am »

Here's an actual link and an actual story about this.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/grocery-store-north-tulsa-close/ngWyP/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2014, 01:39:02 am »

So from that article he lost $100k to $150k per year on this store. While I agree that a business like a grocery store, depending on sales, will have a hard time surviving with those kinds of losses. My question is, and I know that it was pointed out they were shop lifted to death, why were they losing that much in an area that is underserved? In earlier posts I brought up that they were not selling recognized national brands, and were carrying Hispanic oriented brands, had higher prices than Warehouse Market, and that might be pushing away potential customers, and there were posts about this store being robbed shortly after opening, and posts about the fact that low income tend to buy fast food on an as needed basis instead of buying staples and eating at home. So what was the root cause?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:40:42 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2014, 05:20:29 am »

I tried shopping there. I went in ten times or more. My kids go to school nearby.

It was a poor customer experience. Most of the store was empty aisles of bare shelves. They had a few basics and not much more.

Power is nothing till you use it.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2014, 07:55:50 am »

The owner can blame shoplifting all he wants but it was a sorry excuse for a grocery store. I went one time due to it being the closest grocery store to Brady Heights and vowed never to go again, ever. The shelves were bare, no name brand food and the loaf of bread we got (that I checked the expiration date on to verify it wasn't old) had bugs in it when we opened the package at home.

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2014, 07:56:35 am »

The owner can blame shoplifting all he wants but it was a sorry excuse for a grocery store. I went one time due to it being the closest grocery store to Brady Heights and vowed never to go again, ever. The shelves were bare, little to no name brand food and the loaf of bread we got (that I checked the expiration date on to verify it wasn't old) had bugs in it when we opened the package at home.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2014, 09:11:37 am »

Thank you. I asked 4 co workers who shopped there why they thought it was closing. Two women, two men. Two black, two white. All agreed that from the beginning, before the two robberies and any shoplifting, the prices were way too high, the shelves often bare and, most importantly to them, the meat was sketchy and expensive. Those criticisms alone are enough to sink any grocery store, much less one trying to take business from Warehouse mkt., nearby Sav-a-lot and Reasors at 15th.

I don't think people who post here are aware of the massive amounts of pilferage occurring at retail stores all over the city. Office Depot at 15th had amazing shrinkage to be located in such a wealthy demographic.

Nonetheless, I find it ludicrous that some northside leaders think having Black ownership will make any difference if they don't do any better than Perez did.

onward...through the fog
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2014, 09:20:44 am »

Isn't most shoplifting done by employees?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2014, 09:48:17 am »

Thank you. I asked 4 co workers who shopped there why they thought it was closing. Two women, two men. Two black, two white. All agreed that from the beginning, before the two robberies and any shoplifting, the prices were way too high, the shelves often bare and, most importantly to them, the meat was sketchy and expensive. Those criticisms alone are enough to sink any grocery store, much less one trying to take business from Warehouse mkt., nearby Sav-a-lot and Reasors at 15th.

I don't think people who post here are aware of the massive amounts of pilferage occurring at retail stores all over the city. Office Depot at 15th had amazing shrinkage to be located in such a wealthy demographic.

Nonetheless, I find it ludicrous that some northside leaders think having Black ownership will make any difference if they don't do any better than Perez did.

Interesting because Perez seems to do well at Admiral and Lewis and I never noticed bare shelves there.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org