A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:47:50 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just when you thought City spending couldn't get any worse - TPD Chief to remode  (Read 9373 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 01:57:10 pm »

In the interpretation of the ordinances negotiated between the union and city attorneys on police cars becoming personal property, when used outside the city would seem the be in violation of the founding fathers intent of equal protection under law.  Or should all city employees be furnished cars?

The more the special funds and special privileges are highlighted it could be assumed the taxpayer (the ones that do not rebate a portion of their income received from government back to government as taxes) are considered as just dumb and stupid.

Before the councilors placed their “yes” stamp they should have been advised that the union/attorney agreement prevailed over city ordinances and case law as well as good sense. 

We pay for surveys that suggest there we are overburdened with overpaid desk jockeys while declining taxpayers move to the burbs.  This is being reflected in the out of town workforce controlling our elections as is shown by the reduction of votes cast in the recent election whereas a minority of registered voters elected the city representatives for the coming years.

Now we have overspent the taxpayers contribution for the necessities demanded in urban gatherings only to find non elected secondary government at-will employees have exclusive rights to thousands of dollars to spend derived from the taxpayer.

Did Bugs Bunny use a phrase similar to “what a bunch of macaroons”?   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 02:16:04 pm »

Did Bugs Bunny use a phrase similar to “what a bunch of macaroons”?   

"maroon" actually.  I dig the reference.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/youtube]
shadows
City Father

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 03:35:01 pm »

"maroon" actually.  I dig the reference.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo[/youtube]
Tnx for the information.  I was barely in the out field in that new  ball park under construction.  I will make a note of it because I cannot see it going away soon.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 04:13:07 pm »

Someone say maroon?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 11:26:01 pm »

Conan71:

That’s neat but you should have put a staff on it so it could be stuck in the front lawns of people who resented their representatives (After voting for open shops) being afraid of the big bad FOP thus showing they have had enough of the show of cowardice to challenge a negotiated contract without the  showing of clean hands or common sense let alone good sense.

Remember the convicting of county commissioners using county machines brought through capital improvements, being used on private projects?  There are statutes covering private use of municipality purchased capital property but I cannot find case law voiding it.   Are police cars capital improvements or for private use outside the city limits? 

When any contract is negotiated by fraud then the test should show that fraud.

China will possible make the maroon flags but they have so many valueless dollars that they now demand up front that they must be converted to Chinese currency.  Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org