A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:04:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Next For Perkins  (Read 2274 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: November 13, 2009, 01:37:01 pm »

I thought I'd share the contents of an email I got from the Perkins campaign a few minutes ago.  I'd say he's got an interest in a better Tulsa and we have not heard the last of him yet:

"Friends and Tulsans,

On Tuesday the citizens of Tulsa chose Mr. Bartlett to be the Mayor of Tulsa.  I am disappointed in my loss, but nearly 12,000 Tulsans embraced a political outsider with a positive message about city issues and a sincere belief that we will be stronger if we are more united and if we keep some of the national politics out of our local civil discourse.   

I am so very grateful for the amazing Tulsans who supported me in some way.  I also know there are many Tulsans who may have agreed with my approach or my positions, but did not vote for me for one reason or another.  That is great too...a vote should always be a personal choice. 

I believe it is important to organize Tulsans according to our commonalities rather than our divisions.  If we do, I believe we can assist our city leaders and further important city goals and have a positive impact on the City of Tulsa.

Therefore, I am going to create a nonpartisan organization focused on facilitating positive change for the City of Tulsa.  This organization will be open to any person from any party who wants to influence the City and its direction.  It will focus only on Tulsa issues, not on any candidates, and membership will be free.  The first issue will be to follow the lead of every other city in Oklahoma and transition to nonpartisan local elections so our campaigns will be less acrimonious and more focused on the issues. 

I am beginning a process of meeting with Tulsans of every type to discuss and create the framework for this organization.  I would like to ask you to stay interested as this organization begins to take shape, because your input will be valuable and Tulsans need to be informed and engaged in their City.

If you would like to receive updates every few weeks as this process continues, you don't need to do anything.

But if you do not want to receive occasional email updates, please click on the SafeUnsubscribe link at the bottom of this email for instant removal.

Thank you for everything you do for this city, and I hope you choose to stay informed.

~Mark

(Click here to listen to my concession speech)

www.markfortulsa.com
www.facebook.com/markfortulsa
www.twitter.com/markfortulsa
www.youtube.com/markfortulsa "

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 02:18:33 pm »

Yeah I just saw this.  It confirms what I was saying about his total disinterest in working through the local party machine.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:20:19 pm »

"The first issue will be to follow the lead of every other city in Oklahoma and transition to nonpartisan local elections so our campaigns will be less acrimonious and more focused on the issues."

+1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org