A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:38:35 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mechanical bull in tulsa?  (Read 9130 times)
americanagirl
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:57 pm »

Not for me! A coworker is celebrating her birthday, and wants to ride a mechanical bull this weekend.  I seem to remember there used to be one at a club "out south" but a cursory google search didn't yield any results.  I told her I would have an answer for her in 20 minutes, and am counting on you guys! Anywhere to ride one in Tulsa?
Thanks.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:17:09 pm »

I don't know about any places that have them permanently installed, but I do know that there are a few mobile ones that can be rented, including the operator.

---Robert
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:24:29 pm »

I am unable to help you in your quest and...I am doing my damnedest to not say anything else.
dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 01:30:23 pm »

The last place I remember having one was "20th Century" on 47th just west of Mingo, but that place went extinct in the late 80's. There was another place called Bronco's at 49th and Memorial in the early 90's that shared the parking lot with Pizza Hut, Egg Roll Express, Arby's and Speeds Billiards, but looking at it on Google streets I see that the strip center where Speeds and Arby's was is now a used car lot, but I don't think they ever had one.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:37:11 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:57:26 pm »

I heard Townsend WAS a mechanical bull.

Or full of bull..

Or something like that.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »

Does Wild Horse Saloon on 81st and Memorial have one? I have never been there but I believe I heard one of my friends say that they did, at least at one time.....
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:43 pm »

Caravan Cattle Company?

No idea, just a guess.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 03:10:59 pm »

It's beena while since I've been out clubbin, but the only place I ever remember having one regularly was the kid night rope a hoe.... ummmm.. I mean the midnight rodeo.  I'm not even sure what it is anymore, the last time I was dragged in there it was supposed to be some sort of beach party type club.  I think in recent years the only place I've seen a mechanical bull was set up at country fever out in pryor (the first and last time I ever rode one... owww).  I've never seen one at the caravan.
brianh
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 03:16:00 pm »

This is not quite the same, but you can sit under a picture of Pope Benedict XVI while you drink at McNellies.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 03:24:17 pm »

Caravan Cattle Company?

No, there is no mechanical bull at Caravan.

---Robert
Inveree09
jhgiugf
Citizen

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:34 am »

If so email me showing people riding it girls who decided to be wild if you know what I mean. I wanted to take pictures of them, but I was to far away waiting to see the bikini contest. If I had left my spot I wouldnt have gotten up so close. I saw some of you in the grandstands cheering and taking pictures of the people on the mechanical bull.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org