A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:44:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Neutrality and Why You Should Be Thrilled....  (Read 3454 times)
FOTD
« on: October 30, 2009, 01:51:36 pm »

McCain Lost!

http://gizmodo.com/5391712/net-neutrality-worst-case

Can you imagine what kind of mayhem McCain would have created? The wingnuts don't know how lucky the country is not to have the fear of Palin replacing a senile President. My neighbor, a doctor no less, still has a McCain/Palin bumper sticker on his vehicle displaying his overt stupidity...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 01:53:58 pm »

Okay, nothing there on the link that remotely covers the point you were trying to make.  I still see a Sore/Loserman bumper sticker every now and then, so what?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:59 pm »

Okay, nothing there on the link that remotely covers the point you were trying to make.  I still see a Sore/Loserman bumper sticker every now and then, so what?

Yes there is....are you still sporting a McCain/Palin sticker on your trycycle?

Ok. It's freaking scary, once again, legislators not listening to what the public wants.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »

Okay, if someone can decipher wth the message is on that page, fill me in.  I must have my obtuse glasses on today.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MichaelBates
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »

The point of the Gizmodo post is that we can expect our Internet access to be tiered like cable if Net Neutrality isn't approved.

I haven't checked for a while, but there used to be a "Bus Bellmon to Panama" sticker on a utility pole at 51st and Harvard. It was there for at least 25 years.
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »

The point of the Gizmodo post is that we can expect our Internet access to be tiered like cable if Net Neutrality isn't approved.

I haven't checked for a while, but there used to be a "Bus Bellmon to Panama" sticker on a utility pole at 51st and Harvard. It was there for at least 25 years.

Dern....was hoping to leave CoCo in the dark...

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 03:23:01 pm »

I should be thrilled that the government is begging to regulate the Internet because it means McCain "lost" something or other?  I don't get it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 03:32:14 pm »

I should be thrilled that the government is begging to regulate the Internet because it means McCain "lost" something or other?  I don't get it.

I believe it's because he introduced a bill to kill net neutrality.  Killing net neutrality would essentially do what the link intonates.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
brianh
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 12:16:11 pm »

Found this the other day.  This is the general concept of what an ISP like AT&T/Comcast wants to do to your internet.  And the problem is they own a lot of the cross country fiber and can control this kind of thing at will. This is why I feel we need net neutrality.

http://i.imgur.com/5RrWm.png
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org