A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:08:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD officers under investigation - Grand Jury?  (Read 87983 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:41 pm »

<REMOVED BY ADMIN AT REQUEST OF REFERENCED INDIVIDUAL>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:15:07 am by Admin » Logged

onward...through the fog
TeeDub
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2011, 02:30:15 pm »

I didn't even think about filing a civil suit in federal court.   

HixKniffPaf
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2011, 11:23:31 pm »

i dont think there would be any legal issue, he is posting speeds as observed on his radar gun.  He is not pretending to be a police officer nor submitting the info for charges or purpoting that any crime has taken place.  He is simpling posting his observations of a public space.
Bump!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2011, 08:07:24 am »

But it's good to know that for any and all of the lawsuits involved, they won't be able to sue for more than $350,000.  A'Cause we is tort pertected rat'cheer in Okiehoma.

Unlike that 'greedy' family of the Native American woodcarver gunned down in the video who 'stole' $1.5 million in court...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:50 am »

But it's good to know that for any and all of the lawsuits involved, they won't be able to sue for more than $350,000.  A'Cause we is tort pertected rat'cheer in Okiehoma.
Unlike that 'greedy' family of the Native American woodcarver gunned down in the video who 'stole' $1.5 million in court...

It's just if you have eight or nine police misconduct lawsuits going at a time it tends to pile up, and take money and resources away from where they would do some good.
I wonder, does the tort limit also apply to federal lawsuits, as well?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=667&articleid=20120831_16_A1_Cityco862055
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:22:34 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2011, 10:05:39 am »

It's just if you have eight or nine police misconduct lawsuits going at a time it tends to pile up, and take money and resources away from where they would do some good.
I wonder, does the tort limit also apply to federal lawsuits, as well?

Must be just state...we can't dictate to Fed about that.  Although our "hicks-from-the-sticks" idiots in the state legislature would certainly love to do that, too!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 11:59:52 am »

Officer Bill Yelton will receive an estimated $176,000 in a lump sum as part of a retirement pension option approved Wednesday morning, in addition to at least $2,700 per month.
A Police Department spokesman said Yelton's disciplinary record is not available under the Oklahoma Open Records Act because he is no longer an employee, since his retirement May 7.

Additionally, Tulsa police officials said they could not comment on whether the now-moot Internal Affairs investigation concluded, what the investigation found or whether Yelton was aware of a possible conclusion in the investigation.

Another convicted officer, John K. "J.J." Gray, will be eligible for more than $3,400 per month in pension pay after 20 years as an officer.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:27:19 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

I’m not a police spooner but you can at least post the entire article instead of making it look like a rat got paid off:

Yelton, who was acquitted in August of charges alleging that he violated suspects' civil rights, received approval for his application from the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement Board to begin receiving his pension in June.

The lump-sum option in his pension allowed Yelton, 51, to receive the amount of money he paid into his pension plan for the last five years along with 7.5 percent interest on that money. The option is available only to officers who have worked at least 20 years, with a maximum payout for five years past 20.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=443&articleid=20120517_11_A1_CUTLIN904875

He was acquitted by the jury on the four charges he faced and the lump sum reflects money HE paid into his retirement account the last five years with 7.5% interest.

BFD.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 02:24:48 pm »

I’m not a police spooner but you can at least post the entire article instead of making it look like a rat got paid off:

Dude, it's patric. His take is going to look anti-cop.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 03:36:25 pm »

7.5% interest.

Where can I sign up for that deal (in dollars, anyway)?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »

Where can I sign up for that deal (in dollars, anyway)?

6066 E. 66th St. N Tulsa, Ok. 74117-1811.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
shadows
City Father

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2012, 01:20:19 pm »

He was acquitted by the jury on the four charges he faced and the lump sum reflects money HE paid into his retirement account the last five years with 7.5% interest.

It would seem that the officer in question would need other sources of income to be able to contribute over $2,000 dollars per month to his pension plan over the past 5 years.

As a nation we have come to the point where the grand juries that are impaneled, created as a body of common citizens that issue indictments for prosecution of those who break the laws, when turned over to the elected authorizes, are being overridden by the such employees of government, with a deep conflict of interest.  It is liken the old cliché of asking the fox guarding the henhouse door if there is any thing wrong inside.

And we are bankrupting our country trying to correct these issues in the MID-EAST at the cost of even the lives of our youth.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2012, 01:34:24 pm »

It would seem that the officer in question would need other sources of income to be able to contribute over $2,000 dollars per month to his pension plan over the past 5 years.

His base pay was $63,000 per year and he probably worked lots of overtime.

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

His base pay was $63,000 per year and he probably worked lots of overtime.

$1,211.53 weekly and working overtime.  The federal grand jury seem to issue and indictment on the possibility that the overtime should not have been charged to the citizens coffers as much overtime seem to be outside of the law.  Or have we come to the point where we pay for someone to wearing the uniform and their performance out side the law is paid for by the law biding citizens?

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2012, 02:11:54 pm »

$1,211.53 weekly and working overtime.  The federal grand jury seem to issue and indictment on the possibility that the overtime should not have been charged to the citizens coffers as much overtime seem to be outside of the law.  Or have we come to the point where we pay for someone to wearing the uniform and their performance out side the law is paid for by the law biding citizens?

Hey, why aren't you writing in old english style?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org