A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:04:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD officers under investigation - Grand Jury?  (Read 88675 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2010, 04:21:09 pm »

The controlling segment of the population ...

This was my favorite phrase...

Bark for me, shadows.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

The controlling segment of the population have the ability to mislead the working poor and then walk-away praising themselves for being part of building a better city.  

This is very incorrect! The working poor drive the mean rich man away in his shiney car while he hangs out the sunroof praising himself.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2010, 06:17:27 pm »

This is very incorrect! The working poor drive the mean rich man away in his shiney car while he hangs out the sunroof praising himself.

I'm liking this guy's posts more and more.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2010, 12:53:19 pm »

This was my favorite phrase...

Bark for me, shadows.
Only a watch dog would understand the bark of another dog.  There is the possibility that even a watch dog could not even understand what is happening as he sleeps his watch away.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2010, 01:07:02 pm »

Only a watch dog would understand the bark of another dog.  There is the possibility that even a watch dog could not even understand what is happening as he sleeps his watch away.

Allow me to do the post police honors:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wu-1OaFJ8[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:22 pm »

Allow me to do the post police honors:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wu-1OaFJ8[/youtube]

To the well one too many times, dear Tony.

But then again, you and him do share the same mindset.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2010, 02:03:21 pm »

Hate to interrupt your fart party --

Tulsa has been getting a bad rap, but it's not just a Tulsa thing.  Be glad you dont live in Seattle:

The ACLU of Washington and more than 30 commmunity groups made a formal request on Thursday to the Justice Department for a civil rights investigation of the Seattle Police Department citing six incidents since June 2009, the ACLU's letter asked for an investigation of the use of excessive force, especially against minorities.

Among the incidents cited were:

- An detective on a robbery investigation in April saying he would "beat the f****** Mexican piss out of a man.
- An arrest of a 17-year-old boy in October in which an officer was caught on videotape kicking the teen.
- A jaywalking stop by a police officer in June that result in the officer's punching a 17-year-old girl in the face.
- A fatal shooting of a deaf native American woodcarver using a 3" woodcarving blade to carve a piece of wood in the tourist district.

Dashcam video of the later complaint was released today:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1VKo6-m27c[/youtube]

Shortly after the shooting, you hear the female witness yell to Birk, "He didn't do anything." Birk responds, "Ma'am, he had a knife and he wouldn't drop it."
The officer has since been ordered to surrender his gun and badge.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
shadows
City Father

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2010, 04:17:40 pm »

Hate to interrupt your fart party --

Tulsa has been getting a bad rap, but it's not just a Tulsa thing.  Be glad you dont live in Seattle:

quote]_____________________________________________

No: but Tulsa has the same smell.  First it was public works with the plea bargaining and a slap on the hand with “you have been naughtily don’t do it again”.  Now it is the police department with one of its elite attorneys crying he will defend the city’s obligation (obligation; that is a catchy word)free whereas there is the smell again on who going to pay the tab.  It leaves one to wonder who is the student and who is the teacher.

The mayor (city manager) must feel he is being pushed into the corner again by his response.  The working poor are real people that no longer have a voice in self-governing.  
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:34:15 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2011, 11:16:22 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110330_11_A1_Tulsap922906

One big blemish.

It's a shame.

Do not hire clowns for cops. There are too many good cops who do not deserve this affiliation with bad cops.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »

Two officers have been acquitted and one has been found guilty today in a police trial after a jury returned with a verdict in less than five hours in U.S. District Court in Tulsa.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=443&articleid=20110610_443_0_hrimgs275054

The case alleged that some officers stole evidence while investigating drug offenses, with Officer Jeff Henderson later being found guilty of perjury. Sean Larkin was not charged with a crime, but federal prosecutors remain unwilling to have him testify for them in court.
https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/tulsa-police-lieutenants-credibility-questioned-as-he-testifies-in-shooting-trial/article_e394515a-aea4-11eb-8739-532886c23376.html

The worse ones got immunity...

Now someone please explain to me the logic in having police dogs sniff money you just took out of your dirty pockets as some sort of evidentiary procedure?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:14:05 am by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2011, 08:00:27 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20110330_11_A1_Tulsap922906

One big blemish.

It's a shame.

Do not hire clowns for cops. There are too many good cops who do not deserve this affiliation with bad cops.

Typical Libtard guilty until proven innocent......

Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:44 pm »

TPD is back in the news today.

It seems five officers were sent to a suspect's father's house to arrest her due to several outstanding traffic citations. One officer also accidentally fired his weapon. The person that was arrested just happens to be a person who testified as a witness for prosectors during the corruption trial. She is also going to be a witness in a civil suite against the city and polic.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=443&articleid=20110917_11_A1_CUTLIN383437

Reddit, one of the busiest sites in the US, has had quite a bit of discussion about it. I actually saw it there before I saw it anywhere else and it's not usually my source for local news. When it is, it is rarely good news.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/kkc70/5_tulsa_ok_cops_raided_the_home_of_a_woman_who/
TeeDub
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2011, 01:25:35 pm »

Forcing entry to serve traffic warrants?    And then having a gun "accidentally discharge"?    I wonder how many "accidental threats" happened first?
Why can't TPD just do their jobs and quit trying to make the city look bad?
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2011, 08:35:54 pm »

Forcing entry to serve traffic warrants?    And then having a gun "accidentally discharge"?    I wonder how many "accidental threats" happened first?
Why can't TPD just do their jobs and quit trying to make the city look bad?

Wow, just wow:
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20111007/NEWS02/111006029/Former-officer-held-without-bail-Vermont-threat-case-?odyssey=tab

Added:
He ended up getting 38 days and ordered to leave Vermont.
How many states do you get before you have to turn in your CLEET certificate?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 01:54:35 pm by patric » Logged

TeeDub
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »

<REMOVED BY ADMIN AT REQUEST OF REFERENCED INDIVIDUAL>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:14:41 am by Admin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org