A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:06 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD officers under investigation - Grand Jury?  (Read 87960 times)
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »

Hook.....line and sinker.....I got my limit in this thread......heh...What is today....

It's your day!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2010, 09:58:53 pm »

It's your day!

Minus the April's, sure...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 05:45:24 am »

I did have retort all prepared about your wife and my relationship to the hedgehog.

I decided I'd rather not let this topic devolve into name-tossing.

But you go right ahead.

That does resemble me a little though, back in the 80s.  I guess you must have been..what, about 60?

Only from the waste up I would imagine...... Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 06:07:45 am »

Only from the waste up I would imagine...... Grin

That's not what your wi...oh, never mind.
 Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 04:39:47 pm »

Breaking bad...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 04:53:39 pm by fotd » Logged
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »

I think what you will end up discovering here is an informant wanting to get out of his obligation to provide testimony in this particular case.....

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »

U R clueless.....nothing new about that fact.

Tip of an iceberg....rumor: lots more coming.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 06:01:30 pm »

Sorry Dingus....You would be the clueless one....

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »

Not that I am hoping there is more to come, but I have to hope there is more than one drug guy saying the police set him up . . . that's not much basis for ruining someone's career over.  The Barnes' don't seem like they are worth throwing it all away for a setup. 

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2010, 09:27:50 am »

Not that I am hoping there is more to come, but I have to hope there is more than one drug guy saying the police set him up . . . that's not much basis for ruining someone's career over.  The Barnes' don't seem like they are worth throwing it all away for a setup. 

Only a handful of people actually know the scope of the corruption probe, but some are dropping hints:

"If there is any semblance of truth to this, and if there is a plurality of officers involved, then this is a huge black eye on the Police Department," Bartlett said.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27:36 am »

Only a handful of people actually know the scope of the corruption probe, but some are dropping hints:

"If there is any semblance of truth to this, and if there is a plurality of officers involved, then this is a huge black eye on the Police Department," Bartlett said.

Bartlett would be the last one I'd rely on for dropping hints.  And I'm sure he'd be over the moon excited over anything that puts a "huge black eye on the Police Department"

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2010, 05:19:13 pm »

...."A hearing for a former ATF agent was delayed one day today to allow testimony about whether he should be released to his home in Lubbock, Texas.

Magistrate Paul Cleary approved the delay during a detention hearing for Brandon McFadden, 33, a former agent with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Tulsa. McFadden was indicted Friday by a grand jury investigating law enforcement corruption in Tulsa.

The delay allows time for McFadden’s relatives to travel to Tulsa to testify in his behalf about arrangements if he is released to his home in Texas.

McFadden, who was arrested Thursday, has been moved from the Tulsa Jail to Creek County jail, an official said.

The indictment charges McFadden with taking part in a drug conspiracy, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute; possession of a firearm during a drug-trafficking crime; and aiding and abetting money laundering. He faces forfeiture actions related to his alleged drug crimes, the indictment states.

The indictment accuses McFadden and unnamed Tulsa police officers of planting drugs on individuals, stealing drugs and money, giving false testimony in court and coercing or persuading drug dealers to sell drugs for the officers, the indictment states.

The grand jury indictment accuses McFadden of operating a drug-selling ring in which he allegedly enlisted 12 drug dealers or drug associates who sold drugs for him.

By offering the drug dealers police leniency or a share of drug profits, McFadden allegedly coerced or persuaded them to work for him, selling and buying methamphetamine, marijuana and cocaine, the indictment states.

McFadden was assisted in his alleged drug-selling conspiracy by a Tulsa police officer identified in the indictment only as “TPD Officer A.” .....

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20100413_14_0_Aheari203173

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2010, 05:24:35 pm »

The grand jury indictment accuses McFadden of operating a drug-selling ring in which he allegedly enlisted 12 drug dealers or drug associates who sold drugs for him.
Wasn't there a movie about that? I think it was set in LA, though...

More seriously, what exactly is a 'drug associate'?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2010, 05:35:51 pm »

Wasn't there a movie about that? I think it was set in LA, though...

More seriously, what exactly is a 'drug associate'?

Someone who works at the WalMart pharmacy.   Grin

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2010, 05:59:14 pm »

Someone who works at the WalMart pharmacy.   Grin
lol, I was thinking more along the lines of a cart pusher. :p

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org