A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:51 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Invasion  (Read 8426 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:19 am »

Time to buy a home defense shotgun...... Grin...What part of Tulsa do you live in.....

All I think of when I hear "Home defense shotgun" is: "Step aside Butch!"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:16 am »

and when I hear you say that, I can't help but think about your yorkie holding someone at bay.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
buckeye
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 09:13:04 am »

Glad to hear you're ok.  They -need- to be scared like that, never knowing which homeowner will answer with a gun.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 10:48:02 am »

Curious, what neighborhood do you live in? 

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:46 am »

I'm pretty sure anyone who hears "your gonna die mother f__er" followed by bullets whizzing by takes some time to consider their future career choices.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 11:54:03 am »

I'm pretty sure anyone who hears "your gonna die mother f__er" followed by bullets whizzing by takes some time to consider their future career choices.

Post of the week candidate.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 01:54:10 pm »

Curious, what neighborhood do you live in? 
I live in the 31st and Garnett area.  Channel 6 just left from doing an interview on it, and it should be aired tonight on the 10:00 broadcast.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:44 pm »

Either it will be a deterrent from anyone stepping foot on your property uninvited again, or you are going to be confronted by some banty rooster of a tweaker who thinks he's a tough guy.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 02:21:28 pm »

Either it will be a deterrent from anyone stepping foot on your property uninvited again, or you are going to be confronted by some banty rooster of a tweaker who thinks he's a tough guy.
Well, I hope it has a two-fold effect:

1: Help educate the public of how these guys are opperating (ringing the doorbell to see if anyone is home, kicking in the door in broad daylight, etc.).

2: Serve as a warning to other would be home invaders that there are people out there that will take a shot at you, and not all will take a moment to say something stupid so you can get out of the line of site.
TulsaSooner
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 09:58:50 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11418187
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »

damn, was hoping no one saw lol.  I look like crap in that.
dbacks fan
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 11:44:35 pm »

damn, was hoping no one saw lol.  I look like crap in that.

Don't worry, your secret identity is safe with us.
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 08:47:50 am »

What? You mean you didn't shoot them in the arm or leg?HuhHuh  

Just kidding!  Grin 

This is an example of how it doesn't matter how well you shoot at a target in non-stress situations. In a stressful situation, ur accuracy will go down to around 30-40% unless u practice in stressful situations.

I'm glad u are okay.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 10:50:44 am »

What? You mean you didn't shoot them in the arm or leg?HuhHuh  

Just kidding!  Grin 

This is an example of how it doesn't matter how well you shoot at a target in non-stress situations. In a stressful situation, ur accuracy will go down to around 30-40% unless u practice in stressful situations.

I'm glad u are okay.
I actually had someone ask me that.  I said HELL NO!!!

And surprisingly, my aim was dead on, my timing was just off lol
brianh
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 11:53:16 am »

Man that is scary, I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. I was watching tv in my living room and someone came up and knocked on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone and didn't want to deal with a marketer so I ignored it.  After like 3 rounds of knocking they started turning the handle on my door and trying to use some key on it.  So I got up to answer it and it was two ladies, and they swore they just had the wrong address or something. I don't really like guns, but maybe I need to buy one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org